Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Behold, I am Yoshimitsu the Second."
- — Yoshimitsu the Second
Yoshimitsu (吉光) is a character in the both Tekken and Soul series of fighting games, this Yoshimitsu is Yoshimitsu the Second Soulcalibur V. In the latest installment, the original Yoshimitsu passed the mantle to a new ninja who was raised by the Fu-Ma Ninja Clan to follow his legacy as the new leader of the Manji clan, therefore titled Yoshimitsu II. He is nicknamed as "The First Mechanized Ninja" What lies in his soul is Vengeance.
In Soulcalibur V's promotional material, he is referred to as He who lives by the code.
Planted firmly in the earth before the warrior stood a katana; purple flames rippled and danced about it.
The sword had a name: Yoshimitsu. It was a demonic blade, steeped in the evil of Soul Edge and ever thirsty for blood.
The sword's last owner, too, had been called Yoshimitsu—by bestowing his own name upon the blade, he had sealed its evil power. But he had been cut down just moments earlier by his dearest disciple, a young warrior well-versed in the arts of Manji Ninjutsu. The disciple made a vow: He would see through the mission Yoshimitsu had begun.
He reached out and gripped the sword. The flames licked at his hand, but his voice did not waver as he called out:
"I am Yoshimitsu the Second! Calm thyself!"
The flames subsided; the sword had accepted him as the new Yoshimitsu.
Only one man was allowed to carry that name; the title was earned by slaying its previous holder. And so it was that a new warrior, overcoming sorrow and doubt, would continue the fight against evil.
Yoshimitsu, leader of the chivalrous Manji Clan, savior of the weak, enemy of the strong—it was a name that brought hope to people.
In Soulcalibur V, the original Yoshimitsu was succeeded, under unknown conditions (possibly because of his death), by a new and possibly younger ninja. This new Yoshimitsu seems to be a serious and focused individual, looking more devoted in training and developing his fighting style. He is also less quirky than the original, although he retains some of the first's humorous mannerisms.
- I will avenge you, Chief. - Spoken when preparing to fight Voldo or Cervantes.
- Behold, I am Yoshimitsu the Second.
- No escape!
- Here I come!
- Thou shalt have no mercy!
- I am Yoshimitsu!
- From God!
- Shikisoku Zekuu. (Jap. "All is emptiness.")
- Kusoku Zeshiki. (Jap: "Emptiness is all.")
- Lady Natsu... forgive me! — Spoken when using the "Rainbow Drop" throw against Natsu.
- Brace thyself! You shall repent! — Spoken during his "Critical Edge" against Voldo or Cervantes.
- Brace thyself! Peace be with you! - Spoken during his "Critical Edge".
- Evil doer... you shall repent! — Spoken when taunting or using the "Rainbow Drop" throw against an evil character or neutral character.
- What is this?! - spoken when hit by a tremor.
- To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage.
- You had good spirits! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
- I am Yoshimitsu the Second!
- It is I, Yoshimitsu! - Taunt
- Heaven's net casts wide. Though its coarse, nothing slips through. - Spoken after defeating an evil character.
- How embarrassing! - Spoken after Ring Out.
- You calculated this?! - Spoken after Ring Out.
- Seek nirvana!
- Lady Leixia... forgive me! - Spoken when using the "Rainbow Drop" throw against Leixia.
- Most undesirable! - Spoken during a Guard Break.
- Hm, most impressive. - Spoken after losing a battle, when time runs out.
- Impressive! - Right after he is finished being hit by an opponent's Critical Edge.
- How tragic! - Spoken when during his Double Suicide combo.
- For shame!
- I give thanks! - Spoken during Acrobatics Bliss.
- Enter bliss!
- Paradise awaits! - Spoken during Paradise Death.
- Come and get it!
- Is this it?
- How's this? How about this? - Spoken during Door Knocker combo.
- Here I come!
- There! - Spoken right after recovery.
- My mistake!
- Forgive me!
- All hail!
- Time is up!
- Be gone!
- For heaven's sake!
- "Tread Ye The Path of Bravery"
- A+G - Jaw Smash: Unbalances opponent with a kick, then smashes the hilt of his sword into their jaw.
- B+G - Jumping Body Slam: Flips opponent upside down, the piledrives them onto their back.
- Left Throw - Elegant Storm: Wraps his legs around the opponent's neck, then lifts them into the air. Then hits them with the hilt of his sword, sending them backwards.
- Right throw - Wheels of Hell: Tumbles sideways with opponent, crashing into the ground multiple times.
- Back Throw - Tornado Drop: Grabs opponent, then leaps into the air with them, spinning as they crash into the ground.
- B+G→ - Soul Possession: Attacks Soul energy from opponent.
- B+G← - Soul Siphon: Drains Soul energy from opponent, healing himself.
- ↓↙← - Rainbow Drop: Lifts opponent and leaps in a 90 degree arc, slamming the opponent into the ground.
- During any stance, G.A+G - Oni Killer: Flips opponent onto their back, pins them down with his foot, then stabs them in the abdomen.
- During any stance, G.B+G - Nimbus: Grabs opponent, flies into the air, then drops them, slamming onto them once they've hit the ground.
Manji Virtue and Influence: Draws both swords while entering the Indian Stance, and spins towards his opponent. If the low attack hits, he rises from the ground while he is still in the Indian Stance and slams the butt of both of his swords together, creating a blinding light in front of him while an aura forms behind him that forces his opponent to cover their eyes and fall back first into the ground.
- Raised by Fu-Ma clan, later adopted by Yoshimitsu I
- Seems to be an acquaintance of Natsu.
- Helped Leixia by showing her the way to the Fu-Ma village.
- Recieved Fu-Ma Blade from Enkai, to mantain control over Yoshimitsu sword.
|Main characters in the Soul series|
|Aeon Calcos | Algol | Amy | Astaroth (Original, Mass Produced) | Cassandra | Cervantes | Charade | Dampierre | Edge Master | Hilde | Hwang | Ivy | Kilik | Leixia | Li Long | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Natsu | Necrid | Olcadan | Patroklos (α Patroklos) | Pyrrha (Pyrrha Ω) | Raphael | Rock | Seong Han-myeong | Seong Mi-na | Setsuka | Siegfried | Sophitia | Soul Calibur (Elysium) | Soul Edge (Inferno, Nightmare, Night Terror) | Taki | Talim | Tira | Viola | Voldo | Xianghua | Xiba | Yoshimitsu (First, Second) | Yun-seong | Zasalamel (Abyss) | Z.W.E.I.|