- "If food is on the line, I better win this!"
- — Xiba
Xiba (シバ, Shiba; Kanji: 希覇; Chinese: 希霸, Pinyin: Xī Bà) is a character in the Soul series of fighting games. His first appearance was in the series' sixth installment, Soulcalibur V. He is also the spiritual sucessor of Kilik in the Soul series as the staff wielding character.
In promotional material for Soulcalibur V, he is referred to as an Honest Young Man.
Four travellers plodded through the vast desert wastes of the northeast Mughal Empire:
The wild boy Xiba, on a quest to inherit the Kali-Yuga, one of the three sacred treasures; Maxi, sent to accompany Xiba by an old man named Edge Master; Leixia, guided by a pendant with a curious blue stone; and Natsu, Leixia's friend and bodyguard. The four had become companions on their journey to the west.
"Maxi! I'm hungry!"
Xiba leaned heavily into his rod, his stomach rumbling loudly.
"We just ate!" shouted Leixia, but Maxi gave her a calm smile and ruffled the young woman's hair.
"I hear they have great steam buns in the next town, Xiba" he said.
As Leixia blushed, Xiba leapt up, suddenly reinvigorated and raring to go. Natsu could only shake her head and sigh.
What destiny would await this misfit crew at the end of their grueling journey?
It didn't matter to Xiba - not now, anyway. All he cared about was getting to the next town and those steam buns...
- Three Karmas
- Guanyin Rod
- Rhombus Rod
- God's Lost Article
- Jingu Staff
- The Master (Xiba)
Kong's Dance of Qi Tian Da Sheng: Knocks his opponent into the air with his rod, and then delivers a midair kick combo (three kicks), and strikes them down with his rod.
- I'm hungry... — Taunt
- Steam buns... — Taunt
- Let's go!
- If food is on the line, I better win this!
- So if I beat you, you'll give me some more food?! - spoken when engaging in battle against Leixia or Natsu.
- Hey, Maxi! You better fight me this time! - spoken when engaging in battle against Maxi.
- Training makes me hungry, I don't wanna! - spoken when engaging in battle against Kilik or Edge Master.
- Hey! How's it going?
- Blast off!
- Go big or go home!
- I'm angry now!
- Take this!
- I know!
- Over here!
- Oh, yeah!
- You'll pay!
- That was easy! Jeez, I wasn't even trying!
- Man, do I love me some steam buns! Oh yeah!
- Ohh...I'm starving up here..
- That was a lot of fun!
- It's shaking?!- spoken when hit by a tremor.
- Oh man, your moves are pretty sweet! You want a rematch? — Spoken after defeating Maxi.
- Now bring me some steam buns. Lots of them! - spoken after defeating Natsu or Leixia.
- You know, I eat way better than I fight! - spoken after defeating Kilik or Edge Master.
- So hungry! - Spoken when knocked out by Maxi.
- I fell again?! -- spoken during ring out
- Doesn't hurt. — Spoken during "Guard Burst".
- I'm so... full! - spoken during Critical Edge
- I won't... lose! - spoken during Critical Edge
- Food!!! - spoken when knocked out.
- There's other good stuff to eat? - spoken in story mode to Leixia
- Huh? Um, this is the uh... dva-uh... Dvapara-Yuga? - spoken in story mode to α Patroklos
- Ugh, does it really matter? - spoken in story mode to Leixia
- Oh! Maybe he can buy us dinner! - spoken in story mode to Leixia
- Oh man, I so don't like that sword. - spoken in story mode when engaging a battle with α Patroklos
- Just feed me first! spoken when timed out by Maxi
- Leixia, I need more food! - spoken when timed out by Leixia.
Conqueror's Coliseum (SCV)Edit
- "Like a High-Spirited Tiger"
- For some reason, Project Soul withheld information about Xiba's family from the English speaking players. This information appeared on every other language version of his profile except for the English one. It did not appear in the Collector's Edition artbook, however was included in the Japanese official artbook. The reason for this is unknown.
- Xiba is the successor of both Kilik and Seong Mi-na as his fighting style combines key elements from their styles. His goofy personality, however, is reminiscent of Yun-seong. Coincidentally, Seong Mi-na was trained by Kong Xiuqiang, who is Xiba's teacher. Kilik was trained at the Ling Sheng-Su Temple, which is where Kong Xiuqiang had studied prior to being expelled from the temple.
- Xiba seems to be inspired by the character Sun Wukong, the Monkey King, from the classical Chinese novel Journey to the West. Ironically as the title goes, Xiba, Maxi, Leixia and Natsu all traveled to the west on a journey to find and save Kilik.
- It is likely that Xiba is an orphan raised by himself, because he has no family mentioned in his profile (even though he is actually Kilik and Xianghua's son). It is also stated that he grew up on Zhen Hang Mountain which suggests, that he spent his early years in the wild. This would match the early years of Sun Wukong as well.
- Xiba, along with Siegfried in Soulcalibur, are the shortest playable male characters in the Soulcalibur universe to date, standing at 5'5".
- His favorite food is manjū (steam buns).
- His outfit is tiger themed, however most of his attacks seem to be based on a Wushu staff style that is associated with monkeys (Hou Gun).
- Xiba has his master's family name (孔) written on his back. Additionally, in both Japanese and Chinese, it can be translated as "hole".
- Xiba's alternative costume in Soulcalibur V resembles Kilik's Soulcalibur III costume, the only differences are, the jacket is more torn at the bottom, the sleeves are shorter, & his pants are tucked in to his boots, as opposed to Kilik wearing his pantlegs over them. Also, his hair was recolored brown to look more like Kilik.
- In one of his moves, Xiba yells "Blast off!" This may be a reference to the Devil May Cry character Nero, who is also voiced, as well as motion captured, by Xiba's English voice actor (and former black Power Ranger), Johnny Yong Bosch.
- Funnily, he is the only character to forget what his weapon is called and confuse it for somebody else's.
- In Episode 15 for Soulcalibur V's story mode, Xiba uses Kali-Yuga.
- Xiba 1P in Soulcalibur V was designed by Takuji Kawano, and 2P was designed by Daisuke Tsushima.
- Travels with Maxi, Natsu and Leixia.
- On a quest to inherit the Kali-Yuga from Kilik.
- Estranged son of Xianghua and Kilik. Half brother of Leixia and Leixin. His awareness of these family ties is unlikely, as it isn't hinted in any of the game's dialogue.
- Estranged grandson of Kong Xiuqiang who also trained him.
- Soulcalibur V (Playable Character)
|Main characters in the Soul series|
| Abyss | Aeon Calcos | Algol | Amy | Astaroth | Cassandra | Cervantes | Charade | Dampierre | Edge Master | Elysium | Hilde | Hwang | Inferno | Ivy | Kilik | Leixia | Li Long | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Natsu | Necrid | Nightmare | Olcadan | Patroklos | |
α Patroklos | Pyrrha | Pyrrha Ω | Raphael | Rock | Seong Han Myeong | Seong Mi-na | Setsuka | Siegfried | Sophitia | Taki | Talim | Tira | Viola | Voldo | Xianghua | Xiba | Yoshimitsu | Yun-seong | Zasalamel | Z.W.E.I.