In this Chinese name, the family name is Chai (柴).
- "Kilik, my heart aches."
- — Xianglian in Kilik's story mode
She was the daughter of Kong Xiuqiang and Chai Xiangfei, but because their love was forbidden, her mother was dismissed of the temple and she taken as an "orphan". After finding out her father stole the sacred Krita-Yuga, she thought she wasn't worthy of the sacred sword. But the monks reassured her that she had surpassed her family's stain and is more than worthy of wielding the sacred mirror, Dvapara-Yuga. Unfortunately, on the night of the ceremony, the Evil Seed rained down into the temple, turning the monks into berserk killers. Dvapara-Yuga protected Xianglian from the evil influence, but after seeing Kilik's state, she decides to give up her own life. So she put Dvapara-Yuga onto Kilik and saves him. She turned berserk shortly after and Kilik himself killed her, impaling her through the heart with the Kali-Yuga.
Xianglian makes a minor appearance in Soulcalibur IV. She appears as an illusion created by Zasalamel, she uses Xianghua's fighting style. She wears a pink Chinese dress with hair similar to that of Talim's 2nd costume of Soulcalibur IV (Cat Tails hair style).
Name: XIANGLIAN [female]
Head: Kunoichi Headband [9-11-10/9-11-10/8-31-21]
Shoulder: Tiger Lily Pauldrons [9-63-3/8-31-21]
Underwear: Full Leggings [9-1-10]
Upper: Longhua Qipao [9-63-3/7-2-18/8-31-21]
Ankle: Huayin Socks [optional]
Foot: Atlanta's Boots [9-63-3/8-31-21/6-9-24]
Voice: #2 [+10]
Hair: Cat Tails [4-6-27/2-7-2/5-11-17]
Face: #2 [3-6-24]
Eye Color: 3-6-24
Skin Color: 3-3-3
Base Color: 0-1-1
Style: Xianghua Weapon: Straight Sword
- Kilik, my heart aches.
- Prepare yourself!
- I will not hold anything back.
- I will not hestitate to kill you.
- I must stay focused.
- Words will not move me.
- I bet my life on this sword.
- Get ready!
- The end!
- No one can withstand this attack!
- Are you even trying?
- Fighting is not the only way to settle this.
- Even with the same moves, it all depends on the user.
- I'm sorry, but I cannot lose.
- This is the end!
- Xianghua was unaware of the existence of Xianglian until Kong told her before Soulcalibur V.
- In Soulcalibur III, Kilik is seen kneeling at Xianglian's grave, in his input ending.
- Xianglian appears in Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny wearing exactly the same equipment from Soulcalibur IV.
Soulcalibur Manga Comic
- In Soulcalibur Manga Comic, Xianglian appears in book volume 1. She gives her Dvapara-Yuga and attaches it to Kilik in order to stop Kilik from falling prey to the Evil Seed. Xianglian however was later consumed by the Evil Seed and she began to attack Kilik, forcing him to kill her.