Watchers are beings similar to familiar spirits, generic animals malfested for the sake of collecting shards and gathering information for Soul Edge. Cervantes employed a small shark and Nightmare possessed a black hawk. Using a fragment of the evil sword, Tira is accompanied by a large number of crow watchers, gathering shards for Nightmare and examining information from several locations while she awaits for a chance to "take over the evil sword".
- It is possible that the Tira's Watchers are a reference or were inspired by Huginn and Muninn, Odin's ravens in Norse mythology which flew all over Midgard to gather and deliver information to Odin afterwards.
- The Watchers are possibly the only object of gratuitous affection Tira has ever had.
- Though the Watchers are briefly mentioned before Tira was granted custody over them, they do appear in the cinematic opening for Soulcalibur II.
- A Watcher also appears in the intro for Soulcalibur III — accompanying Tira as she looks upon the Ostrheinsburg Castle.
- In Soulcalibur IV, the Watchers are only spoken of in Tira's storyline, as they inform her of the beings that are located in Ostrheinsburg.
- In Soulcalibur V, it is stated that Tira is raising new flocks of Watchers for her benefit, for she has grown to despise new Nightmare, claiming that he is a "fake".
- In Soulcalibur V story mode, during the conversion of "malfested ring with a blade," a crow observes Patroklos, several crows are seen at the end of episode 7.