|Birthplace||Venice, Republic of Venice (present-day Italy)|
|Birthdate||September 19, 1571|
|Height||5'4" (163 cm)|
|Weight||108 lbs. (49 kg)|
|Weapon name||Cepheus Seal|
|Fighting style||Kick Edge Arts|
|Family||Father: missing after one of his travels|
Mother: taken by sickness
|Appears in||Soulcalibur III|
Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul
|Japanese voice actor||Yuki Makishima|
- "We have many fine items."
- — Valeria
Valeria (ヴァレリア Vareria?) is a fictional character in Namco's Soul series of fighting games. She is the shopkeeper along with Hualin and Lynette created for the Shop within Soulcalibur III, and an unlockable Bonus Character in the main game as well. She represents the "Grieve Edge" Create-a-Fighter discipline.
What lies in her soul is Dedication.
Valeria is the daughter of an antiques appraiser. Since her mother died of illness, her father was always outside traveling around the world, leaving her at the care of an old friend of his named Cepheus. Valeria grew up resenting him, and eventually nurtured a genuine interest in the same job as him. Cepheus gave her the job trying to make Valeria understand her father, but he believed her choice was her desire to beat him in his own game.
Cepheus urged Valeria's father to stay in town and spend time with her, but he claimed that that was the only life he knew and could provide for her. After hearing Valeria's choice of work, he thought maybe she would go with him someday. After that, he went to the west to assist in an auction selling a pair of mysterious swords known as "Soul Edge", and never returned.
Cepheus knew he was not the type of man to disappear for nothing, and when he heard Nightmare's rampage and his relation with Soul Edge, he understood the man's disappearance and told Valeria all he knew. Now a grown woman, she understood her father's true desires and wept for him.
She still wants to become the best item appraiser in the world, and continues taking care of Cepheus' shop as one of his three shopkeepers.
Valeria has no stages of her own, but she appears on Tales of Souls mode as a "Prepare to Defend Yourself" challenge in the Lakeside Colliseum (caged version) among the other shopkeepers as the first opponent of a 3-character Team Battle.
- Are you looking for anything in particular?
- You don't seem to have enough money.
- You're not planning on buying anything, are you?
- Good speed to you, Please come again.
- Please come again.
- Thank you.
- We have many fine items.
- You imbecile!
- Go ahead and die!
- No! I don't believe this.
- You're irritating!
- Let's go!
- Out of the three female shopkeepers in Soulcalibur III, Valeria is considered to be the most popular of them, she was mainly praised because of her appearance, her fighting style is considered very unique because she only use kicks and blades on her shoes.
- Valeria appears first on the game's Shop. She is in charge of the Item section of it: In her shop, the player can buy character artworks, exhibition videos, extra slots and jobs for Character Creation, and various videos.
- Created characters who use the Greave Edge discipline have a glitch in their right arm. In one of their poses, their right arm seems to bend inside and out continuously.
- Valeria's Destined Battle during Quick Play is Ivy.
- Valeria's style, Greave Edge, borrows moves from the more prominent "kicking" characters from the Tekken series, being Baek Doo-San and Hwoarang.
- One of Valeria's taunts in the Hardworkers Mission is borrowed from Anna Williams of the Tekken series.
- Valeria is the most calm and laid-back of the Shopkeepers.
- If the player makes her angry by clicking on an item they already bought or repeatedly selecting an item and not buying it, she will put her foot on the counter and say "You're not planning on buying anything, are you?" like how the other shopkeepers act.
- All of Valeria's part can be found on Create-A-Soul mode. The only un-creatable part of her are her breasts and the texture of her clothes.
- Valeria strongly looks like Anna Williams of the Tekken series.
- Valeria, alongside Hualin and Lynette, makes a cameo in the Gauntlet Mode of Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny. In Chapter 22, if you keep losing on the first mission, a dialogue about delivering the food can be heard.
- Oddly, despite her weapons being about her feet, she uses Hwang's/Yun-Seong's guard pose.
|Bonus characters in the Soul series|
|Soulcalibur II||Lizardman • Assassin • Berserker|
|Soulcalibur III||Abelia • Arthur • Aurelia • Revenant • Greed • Miser • Valeria • Hualin • Lynette • Girardot • Luna • Demuth • Chester • Strife|
|Soulcalibur IV||Angol Fear • Scheherazade • Shura • Ashlotte • Kamikirimusi|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at List of characters in the Soul series. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Soulcalibur Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|