Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. They are not currently able to remove admin access from any user. Please contact one of the community staff if you need this done.
Who are this wiki's administrators? Edit
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
Here is a list of this wiki's administrators.
|CURRENTLY ACTIVE ADMINS (LEGENDS)|
|INACTIVE ADMINS (LEGACIES)|
Currently Active (Legends):
- SarahPaiFan (Moderators, Site Admin, Bureaucrats)
- SMS1996 (Developer, Site Admin, Bureaucrats)
- Suuusuuu (Admin, Moderators)
- Yuna.Fan (Admin, Moderators)
- JefferyDante (Admin, Moderators)
- Arishimaru (Admin, Moderators)
- Ericard (Admin, Bureaucrats, Developer, Designers)
- Oh Mario (Head of the Admin, Bureaucrats, Developer)
- Nightmare76 (Admin, Bureaucrats, Head of the Fanon Articles)
- Lyrical Disparity (Admin, Moderators, Head of the Chronicles of the Sword articles)
- Siegfriedschtauffen (Founder, YouTube Account Admin, Moderators, Bureaucrats)
- Josmaq (Moderators)
- Fpunzi (Moderators)
How do I use administrator powers? Edit
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator Edit
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger wikis, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "Soulcalibur Wiki:Requests for adminship". On a smaller wiki, you may simply ask on the community portal or ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
What can administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be use to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Idealy an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the community.