The official boxart of the game.
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
|Ratings||ESRB: T (Teen)|
Official sites of game:
Sophitia Alexandra (ソフィーティア・アレクサンドル, Sofītia Arekusandoru) is the older sister to Cassandra and Lucius. She is a veteran of the Soul series and is returning since her last main appearance in Soulcalibur IV. Her outfit is derived from her Soulcalibur look.
Nightmare (ナイトメア, Naitomea) makes his return in the game. His appearance is an updated version of his Soulcalibur costume. His host appears to be Siegfried, revealed during Nightmare's armor break.
Chai Xianghua (チャイ・シャンファ, Chai Shanfa, Chinese: 柴香華 Pinyin: Chái Xiānghuà) returns since her last appearance in Soulcalibur IV, fighting with her Chinese sword. She wears an updated version of her alternative outfit in Soulcalibur III.
Kilik (キリク, Kiriku) returns once again using his staff. He seems to suffer from malfestation, being able to turn into a malfested form by using Soul Charge. His costume seems to be a mix of his different appearances.
Isabella "Ivy" Valentine (イザベラ・バレンタイン - アイヴィー, Izabera Barentain - Aivī) makes her come back with her signature sword. She appears younger with a modified version of her Soulcalibur outfit.
Siegfried Schtauffen (ジークフリート・シュタウフェン, Jīkufurīto Shutaufen) returns using his Zweihänder once again. He appears younger and has brand new armor, parts of which are the exact same as Nightmare's.
The game will take place during the 16th Century, in 1586. It is a retelling of the events during the original Soulcalibur era.
- Soulcalibur VI introduces a brand new feature called Reversal Edge, which can be performed using a single button. This triggers a slow-motion exchange with a single button input from each player, with the outcome decided by a much more complicated version of rock, paper, scissors.
- Armour break makes a return from Soulcalibur IV and Soulcalibur V. It appears to break different sections of armour, as it did in Soulcalibur IV, and it also seems to affect hairstyles.
- Another new game mechanic is called the Lethal Hit, an advanced system where landing certain moves in the right condition will send the opponent flying.
- Guard Impact's make their return into the game, and is free of any gauge cost.
- Critical Edge returns from Soulcalibur V, largely unchanged.
- Soul Charge returns since Soulcalibur III, completely overhauled. It can cause certain characters to transform into different versions of themselves, granting special abilities.
The game will feature "Signature 16th century stages". The announced stages are:
- Shrine of Eurydice: Cloud Sanctuary
- Snow-Capped Showdown
- Kaer Morhen (Geralt of Rivia's guest character stage)
- It also appears that stages will have some sort of time-of-day system.
- The game will feature old characters from previous games, as well as some newcomers.
- It has been stated that Soulcalibur VI will return the series to its roots.
- Like past games, Soulcalibur VI will feature at least one Guest character.
- It will be the first game in the series to be released on PC.
- The Character Select screen shows a minimum of 20 playable characters. However, that is not the final representative of characters available.
- ^ http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/18/soulcalibur-vi-hands-on-preview-and-interview-we-want-to-realise-the-feel-good-factor-7167281/ States when development began.
- ^ https://youtu.be/m1sdAmSq4vs Mitsurugi appears in the trailer.
- ^ https://youtu.be/m1sdAmSq4vs Sophitia appears in the trailer.
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIdQGePIB8 EVO Japan trailer.
- ^ https://youtu.be/m1sdAmSq4vs The mystery character appears at the end of the trailer.
- ^ https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-theme-reboot-emphasizes-enjoyment-sword-fighting-single-button Mentions the year the game takes place, during the era of the original Soulcalibur.
- ^ https://youtu.be/iA6US0jfqNA Sophitia breaks Mitsurugi's armour
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlbqI-uL9Ik Sophitia's braid comes out after a certain armour break
- ^ https://youtu.be/iUUS-Smwc40?t=2m29s The gameplay video shows Mitsurugi activating the Critical Edge.
- ^ https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-theme-reboot-emphasizes-enjoyment-sword-fighting-single-button States the return of Character Creation.
- ^ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/soulcalibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-rev/1100-6455475/ Mentions how the stages are in the 16th century
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlbqI-uL9Ik Time of day seems to change during rounds.
- ^ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/soulcalibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-rev/1100-6455475/ Mentions the cast of characters.
- ^ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/soulcalibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-rev/1100-6455475/ Mentions how the game is turning back to its roots
- ^ https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-theme-reboot-emphasizes-enjoyment-sword-fighting-single-button States the presence of guest character/s.
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH5IV5fcThs Shows article screenshot at 1:19.
|Soul Edge/Blade – Soulcalibur – Soulcalibur II – Soulcalibur III (Arcade Edition) – Soulcalibur IV (Broken Destiny) – Soulcalibur V - Soulcalibur VI|
|Soulcalibur (film) – Soulcalibur Legends – Soulcalibur: Lost Swords - Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul|