The official boxart of the game.
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
JP October 18, 2018
NA October 19, 2018
EU October 19, 2018
WW October 19, 2018
|Ratings||ESRB: T (Teen)|
The game began development before 2014. Like Tekken 7, Soulcalibur VI uses Unreal Engine 4. According to Bandai-Namco, Soulcalibur VI will focus more on story elements. According to the game's producer Motohiro Okubo, the game's code name in development was "Luxor" in reference to making the game feel more akin to the first Soulcalibur.
Sophitia Alexandra (ソフィーティア・アレクサンドル, Sofītia Arekusandoru) is the older sister to Cassandra and Lucius. She is a veteran of the Soul series and is returning since her last main appearance in Soulcalibur IV. Her outfit is derived from her Soulcalibur look.
Nightmare (ナイトメア, Naitomea) makes his return in the game. His appearance is an updated version of his Soulcalibur costume. Once again, his original host is that of Siegfried Schtauffen, revealed during Nightmare's armor break.
Chai Xianghua (チャイ・シャンファ, Chai Shanfa, Chinese: 柴香華 Pinyin: Chái Xiānghuà) returns since her last appearance in Soulcalibur IV, fighting with her Chinese sword. She wears an updated version of her alternative outfit from Soulcalibur III.
Kilik (キリク, Kiriku) returns once again using his staff. He seems to suffer from malfestation, being able to turn into a malfested form by using Soul Charge. His costume seems to be a mix of his different appearances.
Isabella "Ivy" Valentine (イザベラ・バレンタイン - アイヴィー, Izabera Barentain - Aivī) makes her come back with her signature sword. She appears younger with a modified version of her Soulcalibur outfit.
Siegfried Schtauffen (ジークフリート・シュタウフェン, Jīkufurīto Shutaufen) returns using his Zweihänder once again. He appears younger and has brand new armor, parts of which come from his former Nightmare's armor.
Maxi (マキシ, also written as 真喜志) returns with his nunchucks. He wears a modified version of his Soulcalibur outfit.
Talim (タリム, Tarimu) makes her return with her signature dual Elbow Blades and her wind-oriented attacks. Her outfit is a mix of her three main Soulcalibur game appearances: her main costumes from II and IV, and her alternate costume from III.
Voldo (ヴォルド, Vorudo) returns wielding his katars and wearing a brand new outfit derived from his various appearances.
Astaroth (アスタロス, Asutarosu), the original axe wielding golem Astaroth, who is also Maxi’s arch-nemesis returns. His outfit is redesigned from Soulcalibur, with some red crack marks from his IV iteration on mostly his back.
Seong Mi-na (ソン・ミナ, Son Mina, Hanja: 成美那, Hangul: 성미나) returns wielding her signature spear Scarlet Thunder. Her outfit is a redesign of her pink bonus costume from Soul Blade.
Cervantes de León (セルバンテス・デ・レオン, Serubantesu de Reon) the infamous pirate captain of Seven Seas, the biological father of Ivy and the original known wielder of Soul Edge since Soul Blade, turned specter onwards (except V) returns with his infamous large sword and small gun-sword. Aside his sporting a mixed hybrid between II - IV due to his main spectral form, he is now being given the scar marks around his entire body, left from his defeat in his first appearance, acting as a boost for his current main form when glows.
Raphael Sorel (ラファエル・ソレル, Rafaeru Soreru) the noble fencer from Soulcalibur II returns, sporting newer outfits, such as glasses, and no longer as a malfested vampire which appeared in III - V anymore.
Inferno (インフェルノ, Inferuno), the original main antagonist of the series and the true embodiment of Nightmare’s existence thanks to possessing Siegfried, returns as an unlockable character. He appears as a fiery horned skull. His fighting style is still unknown, yet he mostly used those of his Nightmare alter-ego.
Grøh (グロー, Gurō) is a brand new character who is a part of the mysterious Aval Organization, shown wielding a double saber. He is on a mission to rid the world of "Outsiders".
Azwel (アズウェル, Azūeru) appears in the Libra of Soul mode. He seems to use several weapons and his moveset involves magic and telekinetic powers, with the summoning of other weapons.
Tira (ティラ, Tira) returns as the first DLC character sporting a new look, mixing various costumes from Soulcalibur III to Soulcalibur V.
Soulcalibur VI is a reboot of the Soulcalibur series, retelling events that happened during the 16th century between the years 1583 and 1590, while adding new scenarios, characters and general changes to the story, starting a new timeline. The main story will revolve around the battle between the cursed sword, Soul Edge and the spirit sword, Soul Calibur, as well as having an individual storyline for each character.
- Soulcalibur VI introduces a brand new feature called Reversal Edge, which can be performed using a single button. This triggers a slow-motion exchange with a single button input from each player, with the outcome decided by a much more complicated version of rock, paper, scissors.
- Armour break makes a return from Soulcalibur IV and Soulcalibur V. It appears to break different sections of armour, as it did in Soulcalibur IV, and it also seems to affect hairstyles.
- Another new game mechanic is called the Lethal Hit, an advanced system where landing certain moves in the right condition will send the opponent flying.
- Guard Impact's make their return into the game, and is free of any gauge cost.
- Critical Edge returns from Soulcalibur V, largely unchanged.
- Soul Charge returns since Soulcalibur III, completely overhauled. It can cause certain characters to transform into different versions of themselves, granting special abilities.
- Character-Specific Abilities is another new addition. Each character has a unique trait that separates them from others beyond the baseline template.
- Soul Chronicle is a new Story Mode, recounting the events of the first Soulcalibur through a main storyline and a storyline for each character, including Geralt of Rivia.
- Libra of Soul is a separate Story Mode. The player creates their own character and embarks on a journey.
- Along with these two Story Modes, a third game mode is set to appear.
- Battle: Arcade Mode, Versus, Training.
- Character Creation makes its return to the game with similarities to Soulcalibur V, and additional creation options like race. Other possible changes have yet to be revealed.
- With Geralt of Rivia's style being available, it will be the first time that a guest character's fighting style is usable by created characters.
- Online: Ranked Match, Casual Match, Rankings & Replay.
The game will feature "Signature 16th century stages". The announced stages are:
- Shrine of Eurydice: Cloud Sanctuary
- Snow-capped Showdown
- Replica Kaer Morhen (Geralt of Rivia's guest character stage)
- Ostrheinsburg Castle: Hall of the Chosen
- Master Swordman's Cave: Azure Horizon
- Indian Port: Impending Storm
- Windswept Plains
- Sunken Desert Ruins
- Cursed Moonlit Woods
- Kunpaetku Temple: Serpentine Banquet
- Astral Chaos: Tide of the Damned
- Stages have a time-of-day system where the time-of-day changes during each battle round.
- It will be the first game in the series to be released on PC.
- Additionally, it's the first game in the series to be released on eighth-generation home consoles.
- It will also be the first game without default alternative costumes for characters, replacing them with palette swaps of the main costumes. However, like in Soulcalibur V, characters can be customized to have additional costumes.
- ^ http://sc6.soularchive.jp/products/summary.php According to the official website.
- ^ http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/18/soulcalibur-vi-hands-on-preview-and-interview-we-want-to-realise-the-feel-good-factor-7167281/ States when development began.
- ^ https://youtu.be/m1sdAmSq4vs Mitsurugi appears in the trailer.
- ^ https://youtu.be/m1sdAmSq4vs Sophitia appears in the trailer.
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIdQGePIB8 EVO Japan trailer.
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGQ8tPO0V4&t=1s Taki's leaked trailer
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9jYKgA_P0 Yoshimitsu’s trailer
- ^ http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270717/soulcalibur-vi-keyword-is-reboot-development-is-70-complete/ Keyword is reboot.
- ^ https://youtu.be/iA6US0jfqNA Sophitia breaks Mitsurugi's armour
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlbqI-uL9Ik Sophitia's braid comes out after a certain armour break
- ^ https://youtu.be/iUUS-Smwc40?t=2m29s The gameplay video shows Mitsurugi activating the Critical Edge.
- ^ https://sc6.soularchive.jp/mode/chronicle.php Official website announcement.
- ^ a b https://www.famitsu.com/news/201809/12163948.html
- ^ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/soulcalibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-rev/1100-6455475/ Mentions how the stages are in the 16th century
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlbqI-uL9Ik Time of day seems to change during rounds.
- ^ https://twitter.com/Kayane/status/1032305259547381762
|Soul Edge (Blade) – Soulcalibur – Soulcalibur II – Soulcalibur III (Arcade Edition) – Soulcalibur IV (Broken Destiny) – Soulcalibur V - Soulcalibur VI|
|Soulcalibur (film) – Soulcalibur Legends – Soulcalibur: Lost Swords - Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul|