The official boxart of the game.
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
JP October 18, 2018
NA October 19, 2018
EU October 19, 2018
JP October 19, 2018
|Ratings||ESRB: T (Teen)|
The game began development before 2014. Like Tekken 7, Soulcalibur VI uses Unreal Engine 4. According to Bandai-Namco, Soulcalibur VI will focus more on story elements. According to the game's producer Motohiro Okubo, the game's code name in development was "Luxor" in reference to making the game feel more akin to the first Soulcalibur.
Sophitia Alexandra (ソフィーティア・アレクサンドル, Sofītia Arekusandoru) is the older sister to Cassandra and Lucius. She is a veteran of the Soul series and is returning since her last main appearance in Soulcalibur IV. Her outfit is derived from her Soulcalibur look.
Nightmare (ナイトメア, Naitomea) makes his return in the game. His appearance is an updated version of his Soulcalibur costume. Once again, his original host is that of Siegfried Schtauffen, revealed during Nightmare's armor break.
Chai Xianghua (チャイ・シャンファ, Chai Shanfa, Chinese: 柴香華 Pinyin: Chái Xiānghuà) returns since her last appearance in Soulcalibur IV, fighting with her Chinese sword. She wears an updated version of her alternative outfit from Soulcalibur III.
Kilik (キリク, Kiriku) returns once again using his staff. He seems to suffer from malfestation, being able to turn into a malfested form by using Soul Charge. His costume seems to be a mix of his different appearances.
Isabella "Ivy" Valentine (イザベラ・バレンタイン - アイヴィー, Izabera Barentain - Aivī) makes her come back with her signature sword. She appears younger with a modified version of her Soulcalibur outfit.
Siegfried Schtauffen (ジークフリート・シュタウフェン, Jīkufurīto Shutaufen) returns using his Zweihänder once again. He appears younger and has brand new armor, parts of which come from his former Nightmare's armor.
Maxi (マキシ, also written as 真喜志) returns with his nunchucks. He wears a modified version of his Soulcalibur outfit.
Talim (タリム, Tarimu) makes her return with her signature dual Elbow Blades and her wind-oriented attacks. Her outfit is a mix of her three main Soulcalibur game appearances: her main costumes from II and IV, and her alternate costume from III.
Voldo (ヴォルド, Vorudo) returns wielding his katars and wearing a brand new outfit derived from his various appearances.
Astaroth (アスタロス, Asutarosu), the original axe wielding golem Astaroth, who is also Maxi’s arch-nemesis returns. His outfit is redesigned from Soulcalibur, with some red crack marks from his IV iteration on mostly his back.
Seong Mi-na (ソン・ミナ, Son Mina, Hanja: 成美那, Hangul: 성미나) returns wielding her signature spear Scarlet Thunder. Her outfit is a redesign of her pink bonus costume from Soul Blade.
Grøh (グロー, Gurō) is a brand new character who is a part of the mysterious Aval Organization, shown wielding a double saber. He is on a mission to rid the world of "Outsiders".
Four characters are set to appear as DLC after release, one of them being a Season Pass exclusive.
Soulcalibur VI is a reboot of the Soulcalibur series. It will take place during the 16th century between the years 1583 and at least 1590, according to a story mode screenshot (although these dates are subject to change). The main story will revolve around the battle between the cursed sword, Soul Edge and the spirit sword, Soul Calibur. It will retell events that occurred during the original Soulcalibur era, with some new additions and changes.
The game will include a story mode that highlights individual characters.
- Soulcalibur VI introduces a brand new feature called Reversal Edge, which can be performed using a single button. This triggers a slow-motion exchange with a single button input from each player, with the outcome decided by a much more complicated version of rock, paper, scissors.
- Armour break makes a return from Soulcalibur IV and Soulcalibur V. It appears to break different sections of armour, as it did in Soulcalibur IV, and it also seems to affect hairstyles.
- Another new game mechanic is called the Lethal Hit, an advanced system where landing certain moves in the right condition will send the opponent flying.
- Guard Impact's make their return into the game, and is free of any gauge cost.
- Critical Edge returns from Soulcalibur V, largely unchanged.
- Soul Charge returns since Soulcalibur III, completely overhauled. It can cause certain characters to transform into different versions of themselves, granting special abilities.
- Just Guard from Soulcalibur V also makes its return to the game. Potential changes to the mechanics are still unknown.
- Story Mode is set to return.
- Two more gameplay modes are set to appear in the game.
- One of these game modes is similar to a second story mode.
- Arcade Mode is set to return.
- Character Creation was confirmed by the director Motohiro Okubo. 
The game will feature "Signature 16th century stages". The announced stages are:
- Shrine of Eurydice: Cloud Sanctuary
- Snow-capped Showdown
- Replica Kaer Morhen (Geralt of Rivia's guest character stage)
- Ostrheinsburg Castle: Hall of the Chosen
- Master Swordman's Cave: Azure Horizon
- Indian Port: Impending Storm
- Windswept Plains
- Sunken Desert Ruins
- Cursed Moonlit Woods
- Stages have a time-of-days system where the time-of-day changes during each battle round.
- It will be the first game in the series to be released on PC.
- Additionally, it's the first game in the series to be released on eighth-generation home consoles.
- ^ http://sc6.soularchive.jp/products/summary.php According to the official website.
- ^ http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/18/soulcalibur-vi-hands-on-preview-and-interview-we-want-to-realise-the-feel-good-factor-7167281/ States when development began.
- ^ https://youtu.be/m1sdAmSq4vs Mitsurugi appears in the trailer.
- ^ https://youtu.be/m1sdAmSq4vs Sophitia appears in the trailer.
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIdQGePIB8 EVO Japan trailer.
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGQ8tPO0V4&t=1s Taki's leaked trailer
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9jYKgA_P0 Yoshimitsu’s trailer
- ^ Game Informer #104: Soulcalibur VI
- ^ https://youtu.be/iA6US0jfqNA Sophitia breaks Mitsurugi's armour
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlbqI-uL9Ik Sophitia's braid comes out after a certain armour break
- ^ https://youtu.be/iUUS-Smwc40?t=2m29s The gameplay video shows Mitsurugi activating the Critical Edge.
- ^ https://www.primagames.com/games/soul-calibur-vi/feature/soul-calibur-vi-interview-just-guard-evo-and-more
- ^ https://sc6.soularchive.jp/mode/chronicle.php Official website announcement.
- ^ http://www.newsweek.com/soulcalibur-6-producer-interview-story-mode-details-character-roster-979731 Okubo's interview for Newsweek.
- ^ https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/soulcalibur-vi-producer-interview.
- ^ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/soulcalibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-rev/1100-6455475/ Mentions how the stages are in the 16th century
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlbqI-uL9Ik Time of day seems to change during rounds.
|Soul Edge (Blade) – Soulcalibur – Soulcalibur II – Soulcalibur III (Arcade Edition) – Soulcalibur IV (Broken Destiny) – Soulcalibur V - Soulcalibur VI|
|Soulcalibur (film) – Soulcalibur Legends – Soulcalibur: Lost Swords - Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul|