|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
|Ratings||ESRB: T (Teen)|
The game had begun development before 2014. Like Tekken 7, Soulcalibur VI uses Unreal Engine 4.
Heishiro Mitsurugi (御剣 平四郎, Mitsurugi Heishirō) is a veteran of the Soul series that has been in every game since Soul Edge. He appears much younger than he did in Soulcalibur V, wearing a modified version of his Soulcalibur outfit.
Sophitia Alexandra (ソフィーティア・アレクサンドル, Sofītia Arekusandoru) is the older sister to Cassandra and Lucius. She is a veteran of the Soul series and is returning since her last main appearance in Soulcalibur IV. Her outfit is derived from her Soulcalibur look.
The game will take place during the 16th Century, in 1586. It is a retelling of the events during the original Soulcalibur era.
- Soulcalibur VI introduces a brand new feature called Reversal Edge, which can be performed using a single button. This allows the player to defend against an opponent's attack and directly counter with a powerful strike.
- Armour break makes a return from Soulcalibur IV and Soulcalibur V. It appears to break different sections of armour, as it did in Soulcalibur IV, and it also seems to affect hairstyles.
- Another new game mechanic is called the Lethal Hit, an advanced system where landing certain moves in the right condition will send the opponent flying.
- Guard Impacts make their return into the game, and is free of any gauge cost.
- Critical Edge returns from Soulcalibur V, largely unchanged.
- Character Creation, considered a "very appealing feature," is set to return.
- Shrine of Eurydice: Cloud Sanctuary
- Snow-Capped Showdown
- The game will feature old characters from previous games, as well as some newcomers.
- It has been stated that Soulcalibur VI will return the series to its roots.
- Like past games, Soulcalibur VI will feature at least one Guest character.
- It will be the first game in the series to be released on PC.
- The Character Select screen shows a minimum of 20 playable characters. However, that is not the final representative of characters available.
- ^ https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/wccftech.com/soulcalibur-vi-development/amp/ states it's a reboot
- ^ http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/18/soulcalibur-vi-hands-on-preview-and-interview-we-want-to-realise-the-feel-good-factor-7167281/ States when development began.
- ^ https://youtu.be/m1sdAmSq4vs Mitsurugi appears in the trailer.
- ^ https://youtu.be/m1sdAmSq4vs Sophitia appears in the trailer.
- ^ https://youtu.be/m1sdAmSq4vs The mystery character appears at the end of the trailer.
- ^ https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-theme-reboot-emphasizes-enjoyment-sword-fighting-single-button Mentions the year the game takes place, during the era of the original Soulcalibur.
- ^ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/soulcalibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-rev/1100-6455475/ Talks about the new mechanic called "Reversal Edge"
- ^ https://youtu.be/iA6US0jfqNA Sophitia breaks Mitsurugi's armour
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlbqI-uL9Ik Sophitia's braid comes out after a certain armour break
- ^ https://youtu.be/iUUS-Smwc40?t=2m29s The gameplay video shows Mitsurugi activating the Critical Edge.
- ^ https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-theme-reboot-emphasizes-enjoyment-sword-fighting-single-button States the return of Character Creation.
- ^ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/soulcalibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-rev/1100-6455475/ Mentions how the stages are in the 16th century
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlbqI-uL9Ik Time of day seems to change during rounds.
- ^ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/soulcalibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-rev/1100-6455475/ Mentions the cast of characters.
- ^ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/soulcalibur-6-announced-first-gameplay-details-rev/1100-6455475/ Mentions how the game is turning back to its roots
- ^ https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-theme-reboot-emphasizes-enjoyment-sword-fighting-single-button States the presence of guest character/s.
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH5IV5fcThs Shows article screenshot at 1:19.