- "Don't you assume you'll have your way with me."
- — Shura
Her weapons, named Raijin-Maru & Fujin-Maru, are twin katanas. She also has two wakizashi swords, though she does not use them. Like all of the bonus characters, Shura's moveset is recycled from one of the main character's; she uses the same moveset as Cervantes.
What lies within her soul is Hate.
The woman was simply a killer, one who had never tasted satisfaction. She eventually began to destroy evil spirits to keep things challenging. She slayed many demons, until one day she became possessed by one. But even then, she did not stop killing. She continued her aggressive way of life, until the world was calling her "Shura", meaning "Bloodshed".
The spirit that had possessed her was in search of a powerful body so that it could return from the dead. As for the woman, she simply wanted someone worth killing. Together, they transformed from two strong warriors to a single, even stronger warrior.
The spirit still searches for a perfect body, with the woman still looking for someone strong enough to satisfy her.
Soulcalibur IV endingEdit
Shura defeats Algol, though she and the spirit are disappointed at how weak he is. After destroying Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, they realize that they are surrounded by monsters that were summoned by Soul Edge. They both become excited about the opportunity of finding someone stronger.
The text-only epilogue states this: She left footprints in numerous cities, but none know her end.
- You look like a feisty one.
- That didn't satisfy me at all.
- It's time to play.
- Here I come.
- Ah...you're done already.
- I'll teach you a thing or two.
- Your moves didn't satisfy me.
- Okay, let's get started.
- Where did all your energy go?
- What an odd person.
- Come back anytime.
- All show, no go!
- Aww...you're so cute.
- Bad, bad child!
- Not on my watch, you brat!
- Where do you like it?
- Doesn't that feel good?
- I'll kill you.
- Okay that's enough!
- Pass out!
- You lack training.
- Don't you assume you'll have your way with me.
- Just come at me..I'm ready for anything.
- You're greedy.
- Not bad.
- I'll tease you all I want!
- You're silly!
- Do you want..this?!
- Leave it to me!
- Take your punishment.
- Excuse me?
- Come on let's have fun!
- I'm not impressed!
- I love it when you talk dirty.
- So you wanna do it here?
- This is ridiculous!
- Not yet!
- So childish.
- Naughty Naughty.
- Poor thing.
- Can you take this?!
- So much spirit!
- How's this?
- Submit to me.
- Come on, let's have some more fun!
- Can you move now?!
- How cute.
- I love to watch you cry.
- Not good enough!
- I hate softies.
- Did you enjoy it?
- You like being humiliated right?
- Let's play rough!
- You wanna be killed?!
- Be good now
- You're so....Rough!!!
- Raijin-Maru & Fujin-Maru
- Raijin-Maru & Fujin-Maru Taishakuten
- Raijin-Maru & Fujin-Maru Zochoten
- Raijin-Maru & Fujin-Maru Jikokuten
- Raijin-Maru & Fujin-Maru Tamoten
- Raijin-Maru & Fujin-Maru Komokuten
- Raijin-Maru & Fujin-Maru Asura
- In Soul Calibur IV's Chain of Souls, Shura is one of two characters shown exploiting both Siegfried and Nightmare, the second character being Zasalamel.
- Unlike the guest characters in both Soulcalibur IV and previous games, Shura is included in a relationship chart released alongside Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny, in spite of her absence from that game, unlike the actual guest characters. It should be noted that the chart excludes non canon elements like crossover characters and story elements from Broken Destiny's Gauntlet mode, yet still includes Shura and other Soulcalibur IV bonus characters.
- Official art depicts her alongside Ivy despite seemingly no connection between the two.
- When Shura was introduced in Soul Calibur IV, she became a surprisingly popular character along Hilde and Algol.
- Even though she does not carry a firearm, she can still perform all of Cervantes "shooting" moves.
- Shura can be unlocked with her "template"; she is encountered in Cervantes' Story Mode. This trait is shared with Ashlotte, who can be unlocked using Astaroth.
- Shura can be read as 修羅(しゅら) which means carnage.
- In Soul Blade, Cervantes could use twin Katanas in Edge Master Mode.
- Fans wanted Shura to be a playable character in Soulcalibur V, with her own moveset. However, she was the first character to be disconfirmed by Daishi Odashima on his Twitter.
- Toki kept a watch over her during his time as the Fu-Ma clan leader.
|Bonus characters in the Soul series|