- "Welcome to my store!"
- — Lynette
Lynette (リネット, Rinetto, Лінетт) is a fictional character in Namco's Soul series of fighting games. She is the shopkeeper created for the Armor Shop within Soulcalibur III, and an unlockable Bonus Character in the main game as well. She represents the "Tambourines" Create-a-Fighter discipline.
What lies in her soul is Joy.
Lynette's profile doesn't give too many details of her past or how she came to work with Cepheus. She's the one in charge of selling clothes and accessories, but she's in search of her life's calling.
She often saw her co-workers work hard to become what they've chosen as their careers, and usually compared herself to them. Even though she lived in a town in the Ukraine, she was yet to find something she would focus her energy on. One day, Cepheus, realizing her suffering, came and told her to be patient, that she didn't need to be like the others, and that she should take her time and find her answer.
Since then, Lynette has started to travel in search of an answer. She went from store to store, trying to work there while hearing others' experience and stories. She asked customers as well, and also took walks outside. Eventually she took other hobbies, like dancing and self-defense. Still nothing seemed appealing to her. She would still search, for the world is wide and full of surprises.
Lynette has no stages of her own, but she appears on Tales of Souls mode as a "Prepare to Defend Yourself" challenge in the Lakeside Coliseum (caged version) among the other shopkeepers as the third opponent of a 3-characters Team Battle.
- "Welcome to my store!"
- "Can I help you find something?"
- "You don't have enough money."
- "Are you really going to buy anything?"
- "Which one would you like?"
- "Farewell, good luck! Please come again!"
- "Thank you very much!"
- Lynette is easily the most childish, cheerful and innocent minded of the shopkeeper girls.
- Lynette is the series' first and thus far, only Eastern European character.
- Lynette appears first in the game's Shop, in charge of the Armor section. In her shop, the player can buy various parts pertaining to Create-a-Fighter mode, both male and female parts.
- The tambourines first appeared as Voldo's Joke weapon in Soulcalibur II. In fact, at some points when you fight her in the Soul Arena mission Hard Workers, she sometimes will use Voldo's idle animation for a split second.
- In Olcadan's ending, should he choose to sell Soul Edge, Lynette and Valeria make an appearance, but oddly not Hualin, the shopgirl who actually deals with weapons.
- Like the other shopkeepers, Lynette uses various retail-related taunts that have little to do with the battle taking place.
- Lynette's Destined Battle during Quick Play is Talim.
- Lynette's ultimate weapon, Terpsichore, is named after one of the Muses of Greek Mythology, specifically, the muse of Dance.
- Lynette bears a resemblance to Colette Brunel from Namco's Tales of Symphonia in appearance, personality, weapon choice, and English voice actress.
- Oddly, Lynette's blouse, headdress, neck ribbon, and shoes appear in Soulcalibur IV & Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny. Also, Setsuka's "Frilled Skirt" from her alternate costume resembles Lynette's, although at a longer length, and with a slit and gold trim.
- Concept art unlocked as bonuses in Soulcalibur III reveal that Lynette was also initially designed to have brown curly hair.
- Although Lynette's costume is made from Create-a-Fighter Parts, her body build, voice as well as the texture of her skirt, the blouse and underwear are unique.
- Despite the fact that her birthplace is stated as Kiev in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (modern-day Ukraine), Lynette's name isn't Polish or Lithuanian (and is in fact anachronistic, as the name Lynette first appeared in that form in the poem Gareth and Lynette by Alfred Tennyson, published in 1872). However the Ukraine does have an equivalent of the English name Lynn, of which Lynette is a diminutive - "Лін" (Lin).
- Some of her moves are borrowed from Christie Monteiro or Eddy Gordo from Tekken.
|Bonus characters in the Soul series|
|Soulcalibur II||Lizardman • Assassin • Berserker|
|Soulcalibur III||Abelia • Arthur • Aurelia • Revenant • Greed • Miser • Valeria • Hualin • Lynette • Girardot • Luna • Demuth • Chester • Strife|
|Soulcalibur IV||Angol Fear • Scheherazade • Shura • Ashlotte • Kamikirimusi|