Lloyd Irving was born into the fray of a bloody struggle between his father and an organization know as Cruxis. After several grim events his mother was killed and his father (believing Lloyd dead along with his late love) returned to Cruxis. Found by a dwarf named Dirk, Lloyd was raised as his own from near birth. Throughout his life he never really showed signs of being destined for anything above average. However one day he and his best friend, Genis Sage, set out on a journey to protect The Chosen, their other best friend, Colette Brunel, to save their world. After finding that everything he was taught and believed in was a lie (as well as finding his father he believed dead was with him the whole time) he didn't know what to believe anymore. After losing the soul of the Chosen Colette, her state of being soon became unbearable for him and he set out on another journey to return her soul to where it belonged once more. Through many trials and hardships he and his friends succeeded and all seemed well. However there was still one more thing that needed to be done.
He and his friends needed to put an end to the evil plans of Cruxis once and for all. This decision eventually resulted in a duel with his own father in which Lloyd emerged victorious. He then comes to the realization that exspheres can be a very evil force if misused and makes one final vow. As he resolved at the end of Tales of Symphonia, Lloyd sets off to collect Exspheres, and upon hearing about the two swords, he believed them to be among that which he was seeking.
- In the game, it never explains how he got to Earth from his own world from Tales of Symphonia.
- It can be assumed Lloyd found a way to use a Rheaird to travel to Earth and return to his own world. This remains unclear however.
- As Lloyd is 17 in the first Tales of Symphonia game, and 19 in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World / Knight of Ratatosk, it appears this takes place between the two.
- All of Lloyd's weapons in Soul Calibur Legends are taken directly from Tales of Symphonia; name and elements. However all have recycled models from the Soul series instead of unique weapons specific to him.
- While Lloyd has his own slew of unique attacks from his own games, he recycles some of Cervantes's attacks for Soulcalibur Legends. At points he will adopt Cervantes's battle stance briefly, but will immediately return to his own.
- Whenever a quest is completed with Lloyd (as long as he survives the quest) the "Quest Complete" music will change to a remake of the beginning of the Tales of Symphonia Victory music, which plays after winning a battle.
- Lloyd indirectly mentions both his Birth Father, Kratos Aurion, and his Foster Father, Dirk while traveling with Ivy. Lloyd tells her that he made a promise to Kratos and that, like her, he has two dads.
- Lloyd will also mention his mother and that she died because of Exspheres.
- While almost all of Lloyd's artwork depict him with his Sheaths, as well as his signature swords, neither the swords nor sheathes ever appear during Gameplay.
- Lloyd's Alternate Color Scheme is based off his "Noble" Costume.
- Lloyd is the only guest character not to be in a Soulcalibur fighting game, as Soulcalibur Legends was an adventure game.
|Guest characters in the Soul series|
|Soulcalibur II|| |
• Heihachi Mishima •
• Spawn •
|Soulcalibur III|| |
|Soulcalibur Legends|| |
|Soulcalibur IV|| |
• Darth Vader •
• Galen Marek/Starkiller •
|Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny|| |
|Soulcalibur V|| |
• Devil Jin •