- "I will not hesitate to kill you."
- — Kamikirimusi
Kamikirimusi (神斬蝕, Kamikirimushi) is a bonus character in Soulcalibur IV designed by guest artist Hirokazu Hisayuki. She is an oni, as her Japanese garb, horns, and the club she carries implies. In Japanese folklore, oni are demons that could be best approximated to ogres or trolls in Western folklore. Oni also traditionally wear tiger-striped loincloths, which Kamikirimusi seems to forgo in favor of more civilized attire.
Her primary weapon is an enormous, spiked club called a kanabō; the customary weapon of an oni. Like all of the bonus characters, Kamikirimusi's moveset is recycled from one of the main characters; she uses the same moveset as Nightmare.
What lies within her soul is Despair.
During the Heian Period, Kamikirimusi, a female oni, destroyed the capital, causing her to be magically restrained by an onmyōdō practitioner. Although she found her punishment to be unreasonable, she decided to be good and submit to her restraints.
Some time later, she realized she had control of her body again and that the restraints were gone. As her friends swarm out of the pit that had been their place of confinement, she thought about how her captor had said that they must stay longer. At first, Kamikirimusi was disappointed at this, though she decided to keep her promise and wait quietly in the pit for the appointed time came.
Six hundred years later, Japan was now in a period of civil war, and nearly all the supernatural power once feared in the capital was gone. Kamikirimusi's friends were nowhere to be found as they had all either been vanquished or faded away after their release. However, Kamikirimusi was finally free. As she took her first steps, she felt a great power that could make the world tremble, a power beyond that of any human.
She became drawn to it and began searching for this power.
Soulcalibur IV endingKamikirimusi, seeing some of herself in Algol, extends her hand to the fallen king. Without a word, he accepts her hand and the two leave together. The subtitles narrating the scene go on to explain that Kamikirimusi finally found the family she was eternally searching for, and that today, she is no more, having disappeared along with her friends.
Tower Of Lost Souls Details & Skills
Kamikirimusi appears in the Tower of Lost Souls as a boss in Ascend mode, on the floor "Unbinding Wave"
TOLS Ascend Mode Floor Boss: Unbinding Wave (Floor 29)
Taki (Story Mode Stages 2–5(final stage only)
Skills On "Unbinding Wave"
1.Switch Speed Up
3.Auto Impact A
Story Mode Skills
see Nightmare's story mode skills.
Soul Calibur IV
- You're hopeless.
- Strength is not the only path to victory!
- Glad that's over with. Phew!
- I'm here through unrelenting effort.
- Uh-oh! I think I should've eased up a bit.
- Prepare yourself.
- Hesitation will lead to defeat.
- Bring it on!
- Get ready!
- I will not hesitate to kill you.
- I have bet my life of this sword.
- Fighting is not only way to settle this.
- I will not hold anything back.
- I'm sorry, but I cannot lose.
- Sleep... Eternally!
- Okay, get ready for this!
- Stay down!
- Brace yourself!
- This is the end!
- Even with the same moves it all depends on the user.
- This is my power!
- None can withstand this attack!
- Only one can emerge the victor.
- Are you even trying?
- I'll crush you!
- Don't move!
- Do not underestimate me!
- Still kicking!
- What would you call true strength?
- All my strength!
- Stop struggling!
- I'm not playing.
- I saw that!
- Won't work!
- Too late!
- Did you go easy on me?
- You're so predictable.
- The end!
- You're good!
- Strength to end it all! (during critical finish)
- Denryu Bakuha
- Denryu Bakuha Cedar
- Denryu Bakuha Fir
- Denryu Bakuha Cypress
- Denryu Bakuha Hemlock
- Denryu Bakuha Pine
- Denryu Bakuha Red Pine
- Unlike the guest characters in both Soulcalibur IV and previous games, Kamikirimusi is included in a relationship chart released alongside Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, in spite of her absence from that game, unlike the actual guest characters. It should be noted that the chart excludes non canon elements like crossover characters and story elements from Broken Destiny's Gauntlet mode, yet still includes Kamikirimusi and other Soulcalibur IV bonus characters.
- Despite being included in an official relationship chart, her having any canon role in the series is still debatable.
- Her name can be broken into three separate Japanese words: Kami (神 kami, "god"), Kiri (斬 kiri, "slash") and Musi (蝕 mushi, "erode" or "eclipse"). Thus, her name could be taken to mean "God of the Eroding Slash".
- When her entire name is translated, it can mean "longicorn" in English, a family of insects (otherwise known as longhorn beetles).
- Her weapon, a kanabō, is the traditional weapon of an oni in Japanese folklore. It is also a weapon of actual samurai who sometimes wore oni style masks to invoke fear in enemies.
- Kamikirimusi uses the moveset of Nightmare but her victory poses are those of Siegfried.
- One of her moves, Phantom Splitter, is colored red during normal gameplay, but during her critical finish it is colored pink.
- The one who initially sealed her was an ancestor of Arthur's wife.
- She is the only bonus character in Soulcalibur IV who has no official art depicting her alongside a member of the main cast.
- Her Gi bears a striking resemblance to that of Jin Kazama's karate pants.
- Seems to have found a soulmate in Algol, as implied in her ending (non-canon).
|Bonus characters in the Soul series|
|Soulcalibur II||Lizardman • Assassin • Berserker|
|Soulcalibur III||Abelia • Arthur • Aurelia • Revenant • Greed • Miser • Valeria • Hualin • Lynette • Girardot • Luna • Demuth • Chester • Strife|
|Soulcalibur IV||Angol Fear • Scheherazade • Shura • Ashlotte • Kamikirimusi|