- "You dare to defy me, wretched fool!"
- — Greed
Greed (グリード Gurīdo?) is a fictional character in Namco's Soul series of fighting games. He is a special "Prepare to Defend Yourself" challenge on Soulcalibur III Tales of Souls , in which he steals all the player's gained money up until that point if he wins the battle, and also an unlockable Bonus Character. He represents the "Kunai" Create-a-Soul discipline.
Greed is part of a mysterious and secretive organization of thieves that works in the shadows. Many of his personal details remain a mystery, even his real name as he is always referred to simply as "Greed."
Being a thief, he stalks his prey from the shadows and takes their goods and money from them. He seems to enjoy the act of killing more than stealing, and is always in search of more victims.
- Austere & Void
- Kagenui (Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny Only)
Greed does not have a stage of his own, though he can be found on Tales of Souls in the following stages as a "Prepare to Defend Yourself" challenge: Sacred Mt. Fuji - Lava Bed, Lotus Garden, Jurakudai Villa, Battle in the Strait, Kunpaetku Shrine Ruin, Ling Sheng-Su Temple Ruin and Underground Buddhist Sanctum.
- Very well. I shall gladly kill you.
- I've had quite enough. Die already.
- So, that's the best you can do...
- Ha ha ha! You're a live one.
- You dare to defy me, wretched fool!
- Where, where do you want me to cut you?
- Greed appears only against female characters.
- Greed's entire costume is made from Create-a-Fighter parts. He has no original parts or features.
- Greed's Destined Battle during Quick Play is Voldo.
- Greed's weapon, Kunai x2, are available to create-a-characters of the ninja and assassin classes.
- Greed appears in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny as a created character in Quick Match. He uses Taki's moveset and her Kagenui weapon due to the lack of the Kunai discipline.
- Greed's hair style is similar to that of Jin Kazama from the Tekken series.
- Greed (against female characters) rarely appears at Water Mill Valley, Proving Grounds and usually Valentine Mansion as an extra stage during "Prepare to Defend Yourself" challenge at certain conditions on Tales of Souls from Soulcalibur III.
Soul Calibur lll
|Bonus characters in the Soul series|
|Soulcalibur II||Lizardman • Assassin • Berserker|
|Soulcalibur III||Abelia • Arthur • Aurelia • Revenant • Greed • Miser • Valeria • Hualin • Lynette • Girardot • Luna • Demuth • Chester • Strife|
|Soulcalibur IV||Angol Fear • Scheherazade • Shura • Ashlotte • Kamikirimusi|