Soulcalibur: Kinouishi (ソウルキャリバー：奇能異士 Sourukyaribaa: Kinouishi) is a universe that is very similar to the Soul series and Tekken canon with some minor differences, such as the existence of additional characters. It is a side story that revolves around the Kazemaru family, a bloodline of demon-hunting samurai who investigate supernatural occurrences, including Soul Edge and the Devil Gene.
The name "Kinouishi" is a Japanese transliteration of the Chinese term Qí Néng Yì Shì (奇能异士), referring to a hero with great martial arts abilities. The protagonist, Seiji Kazemaru, is of Japanese origin, but his fighting styles lean towards Chinese. The name represents a Japanese interpretation of a Chinese concept. His descendants, whose stories are told in this universe, are also heroic martial artists.
Story and Canon
The canon of the Soul series is largely unchanged, but the story focuses on the Kinouishi protagonist, Seiji Kazemaru, as he gathers information on the Soul Swords and explores the world beyond his borders. Future stories center around his descendants, who carry on his legacy by investigating and hunting supernatural threats to humanity.
The Kinouishi universe dictates that Soulcalibur shares a universe and canon with its sister series, Tekken, due to heavily impied ties between their backstories. For example, this universe's canon explicitly considers the Manji Clan of both games to be one and the same, the three known Yoshimitsus to be of the same line of succession, and hints at a possible connection between Malfestation and the Devil Gene. Therefore, the events of Death By Degrees and Urban Reign are also canon. God Eater, another Bandai Namco property, fits into the canon as well, with a descendant of the Kazemaru clan as the protagonist of the first game's events. The events of the God Eater anime series do not occur in this universe. In contrast, the various God Eater manga side stories are accepted.
It can be assumed that other original Bandai Namco titles take place in this universe (such as Genpei Tōma Den, Time Crisis, and others), though they have little to no impact on the story of the Kazemaru clan, and are simply part of the world's history. A notable exception is the Tales series, as they are not set on our Earth. However, this universe is hinted to have a connection of sorts to the worlds of the Tales series.
Note: Sections in italics should only be recognized as semi-canon or broad strokes canon at best.
The year is 1590. Lord Nobuhiro Takazaki of Sawasaki has died of disease, leaving his son, Hirosuke, to lead the House of Takazaki. Hideyoshi Toyotomi has united most of Japan under his banner. Wanting to fulfill his father's dreams of conquest, Hirosuke sent his childhood friend and most trusted samurai, Seiji Kazemaru, to the west to find information on Soul Edge. Seiji, having traveled East Asian mainland before, was the only one with experience outside of Japanese borders, and experience with the supernatural, having slain a powerful oni upon his return home. His knowledge of foreign martial arts such as Chinese sword styles would surely give him an advantage.
Seiji enlisted the help of Tong Lingmei, the daughter of his Chinese sword master, and one of his closest friends. Wanting to prove herself to her father, she agreed to join Seiji on his quest. The two set out east to find the sword.
Seiji and Lingmei reached the lands where east meets west, and encountered a wandering monk named Ji Gang. The monk warned them that the sword was evil. However, they challenged him, believing that he was simply standing in their way. He defeated them, even breaking Seiji's dao, but decided to enlist their help, even training them for a brief time. The two set out on a new mission: to find out more of the sword Soul Calibur, and ensure the destruction of Soul Edge. Ji Gang gave Seiji a fragment of Soul Edge to help on his quest, while giving Lingmei a pair of armored gauntlets as a gift.
Meanwhile, in Western Europe, the vampire Reynold Ashland has resurfaced to find Soul Calibur to cure his vampirism.
Seiji and Lingmei reached Ostrheinsburg and fought against the Malfested in Algol's dimension. They even fought a malfested Reynold Ashland and defeated him in a long, hard battle. However, despite their valiance and impressive performance, Seiji came out wounded.
After Algol was defeated, Lingmei took Seiji to a local healer. After he healed, she returned to China, thanking her friend for the experience.
Lingmei returned to China to start her own martial arts school. Seiji returned to Japan and became the Takazaki clan's most decorated general, and after the first invasion of Korea, was made a shinobi for his skill in gathering information. He was also given the responsibility of a demon hunter, repelling supernatural threats to the clan, including the likes of Soul Edge and the Malfested.
The year is 1607. Having fought on the losing side in the Battle of Sekigahara, Lord Hirosuke Takazaki died of his battle wounds shortly after swearing loyalty to the Tokugawa Shogunate, leaving only his young son, Hirotsugu, to succeed him. Being only a child, he was largely under the guidance of advisors, some of whom were corrupt.
Rumors of the return of Soul Edge arose. Hirotsugu sent General Seiji Kazemaru to the west once again to neutralize the threat. Seiji immediately agreed. However, he also had a secret goal: seeking death to atone for the atrocities that he committed in the Korean Invasions, and to end the misery of losing his best friend and former lord.
Seiji purchased a fragment of Soul Edge from a mysterious merchant, knowing that it would help him. However, the fragment inflicted his beloved wife Rinko with an incurable disease, even further motivating revenge against Soul Edge.
On his journey west, Seiji would meet two new traveling companions: Ryuki Arakachi, a Ryukyuan noble and a friend of Tong Lingmei's family, and Shu Jiaohu, a young thief from Western China and the daughter of a Ming general. These two would help Seiji on his quest, though they had their own reasons to join as well. Ryuki wanted to prove himself, much like Lingmei before him, and Jiaohu secretly had a plan to steal at least one of the Soul Swords for herself to become a master thief.
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
400 years passed since General Seiji Kazemaru left his mark on the world as Sawasaki's most renowned adventurer, demon hunter, and overall hero.
Gaku Kazemaru, an American martial artist of Korean-Japanese heritage, and a direct descendant of Seiji, continued his family's legacy when the Devil Gene made itself known during the third King of Iron Fist Tournament.
Two years later, amidst the chaos of the world war caused by Jin Kazama and his Tekken Force, Gaku intends to seek the truth behind the Devil Gene by joining the sixth King of Iron Fist Tournament along with his old friend Mirai Satomi, a kenpo expert and amateur wrestler with firearm skills. The two travel to Japan, spending some time training with Gaku's uncle and grandfather in their ancestral martial arts, while refining Gaku's demon sealing techniques learned from his father. Using their new skills learned from the Kazemaru family, the two enter the tournament.
While there, Gaku meets a high-spirited capoeirista named Vera Vidal, and the two become close. Little does he know, Mirai has also developed feelings for him not long after their reunion.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
When a young man claiming to be Heihachi Mishima starts a tag-team-based King of Iron Fist Tournament, Mirai Satomi decides to enter to test her new wrestling skills. Needing a tag partner, she convinces Gaku Kazemaru, her old friend and the man of her affection, to join her. Wanting a chance to try out this new tag system, investigate why this younger man is claiming to be Heihachi Mishima, and having budding feelings for Mirai, Gaku jumps on the chance to join her.
Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
The 6th King of Iron Fist Tournament has ended. Jin Kazama has defeated Azazel, and Heihachi Mishima has retaken his Zaibatsu. Gaku Kazemaru has begun to reconnect to his famil's roots as demon slayers, while also having started a relationship with his friend Mirai Satomi. However, due to wanting to finish her studies, Mirai declines the upcoming 7th tournament and returns to America, wishing him well. While in the tournament scene, Gaku discover the group of fellow demon hunters known as the Archers of Sirius, led by the Italian mage Claudio Serafino. Believing that he can learn from them, Gaku tries to find a way to get involved with them. His first solution is to prove himself by besting Claudio in the tournament.
God Eater Resurrection
Civilization has been destroyed by the Aragami. Shinobu Kazemaru, the grandson of Gaku Kazemaru, travels to Tokyo and joins Fenrir's Far East Branch as the first New-Type God Eater. During this time, he would become one of the most renowned God Eaters, and form a relationship with fellow New-Type Alisa Illinichina Amiella.
God Eater 2: Rage Burst
After the success of the Fenrir Branch's Alpha Team, MIya Reyes, a young woman from the Philippines, becomes a God Eater to follow in the footsteps of her idol, Shinobu Kazemaru.
The stories of the Kinouishi universe center around the Kazemaru clan, a family of samurai dating back to the Heian period. However, they would not gain much prominence until the exploits of Seiji Kazemaru, due to his adventures across the world finding Soul Edge, and his status as a war hero of Sawasaki.
The Kazemaru family, though virtually unheard of outside of Sawasaki and other territories once owned by the Takazaki clan, would constantly play a part in major historical events. Starting with Seiji, they would have close ties to the supernatural occurrences and events of the world, though members of the family, including Seiji himself, seldom had their own supernatural abilities, instead relying on their own skills or natural talents. However some, again including Seiji in his later life, would make use of advanced ninpo techniques to seal demons.
Starting with Seibei Kazemaru, the father of Seiji Kazemaru, the family would stay in service of the Takazaki family of daimyo until the Meiji Restoration, in which the last known members of the Takazaki bloodline would allegedly perish.
The clan has spread to multiple nations across the country, partly due to Seiji's own adventures, two of his children leaving Japan for good, and his descendants dispersing across the world after Japan opened its borders. A handful of them still continue to hunt demons in the modern day in other countries, including the USA, China, and various parts of Southeast Asia.
Due to unknown means, the bloodline, though originating in this universe, would find its way traversing other universes, usually by way of dimensional travel, willing or otherwise.
The Takazaki clan are the family of daimyo whom the Kazemaru clan served starting from the Sengoku era until the Meiji era. They claim descent from the Seiwa Genji bloodline, and have controlled Sawasaki since their founding.
Starting with Seibei Kazemaru joining Nobuhiro Takazaki in the mid-16th century, the Takazaki family and the Kazemaru family have a traditional close friendship despite their de jure relationship as lord and vassal, respectively. This was most evident between Hirosuke Takazaki and Seiji Kazemaru, as the two trusted each other above all. At times, Seiji was known to host Lord Hirosuke in his own house, and the two would address each other as old friends rather than as master and retainer, just as they did during their childhood.
By the 1870s, the Takazaki clan's name was forgotten by history after anti-Imperialist protestors burned down Lord Tadahiro Takazaki's mansion. Lord Tadahiro was said to have gone into hiding, only entrusting his whereabouts to Kazuyori Kazemaru, who would eventually unite Sawasaki's scattered villages. However, the name "Takazaki" is remembered fondly by Sawasaki's people.
One difference between the Kinouishi universe and others is the existence of fictional cities and even lands.
One of the more notable places exclusive to this universe is Sawasaki (沢崎 Sawasaki), a territory on the northern shore of the Seto Inland Sea, located in present-day Hiroshima Prefecture. The territory of Sawasaki was ruled by the Takazaki clan throughout the Sengoku and Edo periods.
Myths and Legends
The Soulcalibur universe acknowledges the existence of beings such as the Greek Pantheon and other mythical creatures. In the Kinouishi canon, the Greek Pantheon alongside many other gods, such as Shinto Dieties and others, are implied to exist as well.
The Earth of Kinouishi has also had contact with extraterrestrials, in cases both related and unrelated to the Soul Swords.
Canon and Other Universes
The Kinouishi universe, while largely limited to the two main Namco fighting games and the like, also has connections to other universes.
An Earth-like planet called Strangereal is said to exist in the same universe as Kinouishi's Earth. Its people are identical to Earth humans, and are said to be a warlike race with a love for aerial combat. However no magic or supernatural entities are known to exist on Strangereal.
The appearances of guest characters may be considered broad strokes canon. Other worlds such as a version of the Star Wars Legends galaxy and a version of Hyrule do exist in the same universe, and Hell may exist as it is depicted in the Spawn series, but they ultimately have little to no impact on the stories of the main characters. However, with the reveal of Akuma in Tekken 7: Fated Retribution and the implications of his impact on the main story, Kinouishi may fully accept elements of Street Fighter into its canon as well, if not outright fully accepting the franchise.
Seiji Kazemaru has appeared in other games from completely different companies. These crossovers may be considered canon, though their lack of impact on the main story is usually handwaved in some way. For example, as in the ending of Warriors Orochi 3, Seiji's memories of the Orochi dimension fade away as with everyone else in the game.
Debuting in Soulcalibur III
Seiji Kazemaru (風丸 征次 Kazemaru Seiji) - The protagonist of the Kinouishi Gaiden series. A samurai general with a knowledge of various types of East Asian martial arts due to his previous travels, he is often called the "Dragon of Sawasaki" (澤島の龍 Sawasaki no Ryū). After Soul Edge resurfaces in 1590, his lord and childhood friend Hirosuke Takazaki commands him to investigate and keep it out of the hands of Hideyoshi Toyotomi. Favors the use of a Chinese sword in combat, and is the first of his family to start their tradition of investigating the supernatural and hunting evil spirits. In Soulcalibur V, he has become a ninja who combines the use of kodachi with Chinese kenpo techniques.
Tong Lingmei (同昤媄 Tóng Língmei トン・リンメイ Ton Rinmei) - The first deuteragonist of the Kinouishi Gaiden series. The daughter of the Chinese sword master who trained Seiji in the ways of Chinese martial arts. Travels with her old friend to see the world and leave her father's shadow.
Debuting in Soulcalibur IV
Tsubaki (椿 Tsubaki) - A kunoichi of the Fu-Ma clan who is secretly following Seiji to make sure that he stays on his mission.
Debuting in Soulcalibur V
Ryuki Arakachi (新垣 龍騎 Aragaki Ryūki アラカチ・リュウキ Arakachi Ryuki) - A Ryukyuan warrior who has trained with Tong Lingmei and her husband. Becomes Seiji's traveling companion.
Shu Jiaohu (蜀娇虎 Shǔ Jiāohǔ シュウ・ジアオフー Shū Jiaofū) - A thief from Western China who hopes to steal Soul Edge, the ultimate treasure. She travels with Seiji and Ryuki after the former defeats her in a duel.
Somchai (สมชาย Somchaay ソムチャイ Somuchai) - A Siamese cavalryman and a veteran of the Burmese-Siamese wars. He is very familiar with Japanese samurai, as he fought alongside many of them during the wars. After losing an eye in combat, he wears the tsuba of his Japanese friend's sword as an eyepatch in his memory.
Shin Seiji - An alternate version of Seiji who uses a nunchaku.
Debuting in Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Gaku Kazemaru (風丸 学 Kazemaru Gaku) - An American-born descendant of Seiji Kazemaru, Gaku has trained in various martial arts styles such as Karate and Taekwondo. He has continued his family's legacy as paranormal investigators and demon hunters behind the scenes of the King of Iron Fist Tournaments, before finally entering the 6th.
Mirai Satomi ( 里見 未来 Satomi Mirai) - An American-born Irish-Japanese hapa woman and a close friend of Gaku Kazemaru. A budding anthropologist and martial artist, firearms expert, and amateur pro wrestler, Mirai has studied among Native American cultures, and is familiar with their legends. It is implied that she has feelings for Gaku, though he is largely unaware of them.
Vera Vidal (ヴェラ・ヴィダル Vera Vidaru) - A Brazilian capoeirista who forms a brief romance with Gaku.
Debuting in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Debuting in Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
Debuting in God Eater Resurrection
Shinobu Kazemaru (風丸 忍 Kazemaru Shinobu) - A grandson of Gaku Kazemaru and Mirai Satomi, who travels to Tokyo to join the Fenrir Far East Branch. As the Far East Branch's first New-Type God Eater, Shinobu is designated "Alpha-1". Having picked up his grandfather's easygoing attitude and sarcasm, Shinobu often wisecracks during combat, though he still takes fighting the Aragami much more seriously than he implies. In Kinouishi's canon, he exists in place of Yuu Kannagi/Ryo Kagami/Shinji Kagura/Lenka Utsugi.
Sachiko Perry (さちこ・ペリー Sachiko Perii) - A New-Type God Eater of mixed British and Japanese descent, who joins the Far East branch. One of Shinobu's first friends who joined Fenrir at the same time as him. In Kinouishi's canon, she exists in place of Aki Tamashiro.
Debuting in God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Miya Reyes (ミヤ・レイエズ) - A God Eater from the Philippines who joins the Blood Unit. In Kinouishi's canon, she exists in place of Hiro Kamui/Reika Kagura. She also lacks any blood relation with Shinobu before joining Fenrir, contrasting with Shinji and Reika Kagura's status as siblings.
The events of Kinouishi's universe happen as follows. All story events of the Soulcalibur and Tekken games, and any other existing franchises listed, are assumed to have happened as they did in their original canon, unless stated otherwise.
Events of official material (i.e. games, events pertaining to official canon) are bolded.
Events in italics refer to events of ambiguous canonicity, including but not limited to crossovers. These events typically fall outside of Kinouishi's scope as a Bandai Namco-based Fanverse, but they may or may not have happened regardless.
- Yuan Zhong (圓忠 Yuán Zhōng) joins the Cao Wei army and fights on the losing side of the Battle of Red Cliffs.
- Yuan Zhong joins a Wei envoy to Japan to meet with Queen Himiko. He stays in Japan for good.
- Kazemaru no Atsushi (風丸の淳 Kazemaru no Atsushi), a descendant of Yuan Zhong and immigrants from the Korean Baekje and Gaya kingdoms, becomes one of the first samurai in Japan.
- The Takazaki clan is founded somewhere in midwestern Japan, claiming descent from the Yamato Genji bloodline descended from Emperor Seiwa. They become friendly with the Kazemaru clan.
- The Mongols attempt to invade Japan. Kazemaru no Yuichi (風丸の祐一 Kazemaru no Yūichi), a direct descendant of Kazemaru no Atsushi, fights against them. He wears the helmet of a Mongol officer as a trophy for the rest of his battles.
- Reynold Ashland is born.
- The Bird of Passage is founded by a group of orphan survivors of the Black Plague, including Reynold Ashland.
- Reynold Ashland is bitten by a vampire at age 27. He leaves the organization and becomes a soldier. He is eventually knighted for his exceptional service.
- Reynold Ashland becomes a wandering mercenary, offering his services all over England and Scotland.
- Issei Kazemaru (風丸 一征 Kazemaru Issei), a jizamurai from Chugoku, becomes a daimyo.
- Seibei Kazemaru (風丸 征兵衛 Kazemaru Seibei), heir to the Kazemaru clan, is born.
- The Kazemaru clan's small territory is overtaken by the rival Yasuda clan. Issei manages to escape with his son.
- Issei is assassinated. Seibei is raised by a vassal samurai of the former clan.
- Seibei resorts to piracy, wanting to retake his former position by birthright.
- Seibei's pirate crew is defeated, and he enters the service of Nobuhiro Takazaki (高崎 信宏 Takazaki Nobuhiro), the daimyo of a small domain called Sawasaki. Seibei initially plans to gain the trust of Lord Nobuhiro and eventually turn against him, but eventually begins to truly respect him as a person, and even learns about their clans' histories together. He stays a vassal samurai out of this respect. The two would remain friends for the rest of their lives.
- Hirosuke Takazaki (高崎 宏助 Takazaki Hirosuke) is born.
- Seiji Kazemaru is born.
- Tong Lingmei is born.
- Seibei introduces Seiji to his old pirate friend Lei Gong, now going by the name Raikyo in Japanese. Raikyo teaches Seiji in the ways of Shaolin Fist and Chinese weapon styles. Seiji favors the single-edged blades.
- Somchai is born.
- The events of Soul Edge occur.
- A student of Master Tong Wufan attempts to search for Soul Edge. Though he gets close to obtaining the sword, he is killed by a rival warrior.
- Seibei Kazemaru dies in a battle that otherwise wipes out the Yasuda clan, who took his father's territory. Lord Yasuda is killed by Seibei's 18-year-old son, Seiji Kazemaru, who takes the man's helmet as a trophy after his own is damaged beyond repair. The last son of the Yasuda clan, Yoshiaki Yasuda, joins under the Takazaki clan's banner.
- General Fujita of the Yasuda army swears loyalty to the Takazaki clan after Lord Yasuda is killed. To ensure the alliance between their two families, Lord Nobuhiro Takazaki arranges for Seiji to marry the general's daughter, Rinko Fujita (藤田 凛子 Fujita Rinko). Though the two initially see each other as enemies, they eventually grow to love each other.
- Ryuki Arakachi is born.
- Yoshiaki Yasuda, now having gained the trust of the Takazaki clan, attempts to assassinate Lord Takazaki to avenge his own clan. Hirosuke Takazaki and Seiji Kazemaru catch him in the act, and he is then sold to a Portuguese merchant as a slave.
- Hideyoshi Toyotomi subjugates Takazaki clan.
- Seiji Kazemaru leaves Japan for one year to travel across East Asia through Manchuria, Mongolia, and China. In China, he meets Master Tong Wufan and his daughter, Tong Lingmei, and learns Chinese combat styles from them for one year. While in China, he is known under the name Feng Zheng (風征).
- The events of Soulcalibur occur.
- Yoshiaki Yasuda, now a slave, arrives in Portugal. He is traded among multiple masters, though his whearabouts become unknown, and his name is forgotten by history.
- Seiji leaves Master Tong, but promises to return. Now armed with new skills and a dao, he then travels across Southeast Asia. It is said that he briefly worked as a mercenary for the king of Ayutthaya.
- Shu Jiaohu is born.
- Seiji Kazemaru returns to Japan towards the end of the year, only to find that Nobuhiro Takazaki has died of illness. Hirosuke is named the successor.
- An oni attacks Sawasaki. Seiji steps up and slays it, becoming a local hero of Sawasaki.
- The events of Soulcalibur II occur.
- Hirosuke Takazaki commants Seiji Kazemaru to travel west and gather information on Soul Edge to keep it out of the hands of Hideyoshi Toyotomi, due to both his experience with the supernatural and with traveling the world.
- Seiji meets Tong Lingmei once again, and the two travel west to find information on the sword.
- The events of Soulcalibur III occur.
- Ji Gang defeats Seiji and Lingmei, warns them of Soul Edge's evil nature, and trains them.
- Lost Cathedral is destroyed.
- Reynold Ashland resurfaces to find the Soul Swords.
- Algol is awakened.
- The events of Soulcalibur IV occur.
- Seiji and Lingmei make their way to Ostrheinsburg Castle.
- Tower of Lost Souls is destroyed. Seiji appears to be in a coma.
- Lingmei returns to China.
- Angol Fear leaves Earth, deciding that while its people are too weak to control Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, they are at relative peace. She summons her cousin to give Earth its proper judgment, only for her to fall asleep for 500 years.
- Seiji visits Lingmei one more time before returning to Japan, to find that she has started her own martial arts school.
- While traveling home, Seiji is transported by Orochi to his amalgamation universe, where he fights alongside warriors from various historical periods and even dimensions against Orochi and Da Ji. He is said to have encountered the warrior Sophitia Alexandra.
- The events of the Warriors Orochi series occur.
- Seiji returns home to his native time and realm, wiped of all memories of Orochi's world.
- Seiji's eldest son Ryota Kazemaru (風丸 燎太 Kazemaru Ryōta) is born.
- Seiji is declared a hero of Sawasaki and of the Takazaki army, and his family is given the duty to intercept and eliminate supernatural threats to the clan.
- Takazaki clan is summoned to Korea to participate in the war. Seiji Kazemaru is made a field commander.
- Seiji fights Hong Yunseong. Both survive.
- Seiji and Rinko's twin children Aoi (風丸 葵 Kazemaru Aoi) and Kyuzo (風丸 久蔵 Kazemaru Kyūzō) Kazemaru are born while their father is in Korea.
- Seiji is promoted to ninja status.
- Tong Lingmei is married to Wu Chun (武春 Wǔ Chūn), her childhood friend and a student of her father.
- Hirotsugu Takazaki, son of Hirosuke Takazaki, is born.
- Takazaki clan is once again summoned to Korea to participate in the invasion. Commander Kazemaru resumes his position from the previous invasion.
- The Korean invasions end. Seiji Kazemaru stays in Korea for a year to help with a relief effort, including teaching children from damaged villages and homes how to defend themselves using Master Tong's fighting style.
- Seiji returns to Japan. Despite everything he has done to give back, he is still haunted by the atrocities that he was forced to commit in Toyotomi's name.
- The Takazaki clan fights in Sekigahara on the side of Mitsunari ishida. Despite fighting for the losing side, they swear loyalty to the Tokugawa Shogunate shortly after.
- Hirosuke Takazaki dies of battle wounds.
- Hirotsugu Takazaki, then known as Takechiyo, is named successor to the clan, and a tōzama daimyo. However, as he is too young, he was largely under the guidance of advisors.
- From this point onwards, Seiji Kazemaru is said to have started frequenting geisha houses, drinking, and amassing concubines. This is both due to the atrocities he was forced to commit in Korea, and the loss of his lifelong best friend.
- Soul Edge and Malfested resurface.
- A mysterious merchant sells Seiji a fragment of Soul Edge, which unknowingly inflicts his wife with an incurable disease, killing her. It eventually kills most of his concubines.
- The events of Soulcalibur V occur.
- Seiji is sent to once again counter the threat beyond the Takazaki clan's borders. He secretly also seeks death on his mission to make up for the atrocities he committed in Korea, and to ease the pain of having lost loved ones.
- Seiji meets Ryuki Arakachi, and the two travel together.
- Seiji and Ryuki meet Shu Jiaohu, a thief who wants Soul Edge for herself. She agrees to travel with them.
- Trio encounters two Astaroth, one of whom breaks Seiji's kodachi, and the other of whom apparently kills Ryuki. Seiji uses Ryuki's nunchaku in his memory.
- Seiji and Jiaohu join Schwarzwind forces in the final siege on Ostrheinsburg. Seiji befriends Selma Krüger, a mercenary from former Wolfkrone.
- After finishing his quest, Seiji stayed in Europe for a year, helping various groups of warriors fight Malfested remnants alongside Selma. This, after rekindling his adventurer's spirit, teaches him to accept everything that happened to him in the past seven years.
- Seiji and Selma return to Japan.
- Azumi Kazemaru (風丸あずみ Kazemaru Azumi), the daughter of Seiji and Selma, is born.
- Aoi is married to Nobutora Kagami (鏡 信虎 Kagami Nobutora), another samurai who serves the Takazaki clan. At her insistence, the Kagami family also takes up demon hunting and paranormal investigation.
- Juzo Kagami (鏡 什蔵 Kagami Jūzō), son of Nobutora Kagami and Aoi Kazemaru, is born.
- Nobutora Kagami is outed as a Christian. To escape persecution, he and Aoi leave Japan and settle down in Ayutthaya alongside other Japanese Christians, as well as ronin. Juzo grows up knowing the Japanese enclave of Ayutthaya as his home. Nobutora joins the Siamese military under the command of Nagamasa Yamada.
- The Siege of Osaka occurs. The Takazaki clan, including Seiji and his two sons, participates on behalf of the Shogun.
- Siege of Osaka ends. Seiji makes peace with his actions during the Korean invasions, though he is recorded to have died from his wounds weeks after the battle. His son Ryota's memoirs claim that Seiji was among the men who killed the legendary Sanada Yukimura.
- Kyuzo leaves Japan to explore the world like his father before him. He spends a year in Ayutthaya with his sister and brother-in-law.
- King Prasat Thong destroys the Japanese enclave. Nobutora Kagami and Aoi Kazemaru make a final stand. Their son Juzo, now 17, successfully fights off Prasat Thong's troops using his own mixed knowledge of both Japanese and Siamese fighting methods. However he is ordered to retreat. His mother gives him a dagger with the Kazemaru family seal on it. Her final words to him are that if he were to return to Japan, to show the dagger to the Takazaki clan.
- Juzo escapes to the Khmer Kingdom. He would spend two years here, learning the Khmer fighting arts of Bokator, Pradal Serey, and the arts which would be known as Kbach kun boran Khmer. He would combine these styles with his preexisting Siamese combat styles.
- Juzo would wander the Khmer Kingdom as something of a traveling hero. Though his intentions were always for the greater good, he was known to use strongarm tactics to get his way, and occasionally was not above using such tactics for personal gain.
- Juzo leaves the Khmer Kingdom. Though his name is not strongly recorded in Cambodian history, many small villages remember him as a hero for decades to come.
- The Takazaki clan are rallied into the Boshin War on the side of the Imperialists. After Lord Tadahiro Takazaki (高崎 忠宏 Takazaki Tadahiro) joins the Shimazu and Mori clans in their uprising, the Kazemaru family stand by them and rally them.
- Twin brothers Kazuyori (風丸 和頼 Kazemaru Kazuyori) and Kazushige (風丸 和繁 Kazemaru Kazushige) Kazemaru fall out. Kazuyori supports the reign of the Emperor along with the rest of the Kazemaru family, while Kazushige supports the old ways of the Shogunate.
- The Meiji era begins. Kazuyori Kazemaru officially joins the Imperial army as an officer. Kazushige continues to cling to the days of the Shogunate, and becomes a rebellious hitman who targets Imperialists.
- The Takazaki clan fights alongside the Imperialists in the Meiji Restoration wars.
- Lord Tadahiro's mansion is burned to the ground by anti-Imperialist traitors led by Kazushige. Kazuyori fights his brother in a fit of loyalty to his lord. Kazuyori is victorious, but spares his brother. Tadahiro casts Kazushige out as a ronin.
- Tadahiro goes into hiding, trusting only Kazuyori with his whereabouts. As they are no longer lord and vassal under the new laws, Tadahiro's final words to Kazuyori address him as "a friend and a brother".
- Kazushige Kazemaru accepts the new Imperial rule, but believes that Japan no longer needs swordsmen like him. However, he clings to his ways as a swordsman and travels to America, where he becomes a treasure hunter and a mercenary, using guns and swords in unison. Before leaving, he goes back to his brother to make final amends. Kazuyori forgives his brother. Rumor has it that Kazushige eventually settled down with a Native American woman.
- Hirokazu "Hiro" Kazemaru, an 18-year-old Japanese-American descendant of Seiji Kazemaru, joins the 442nd Infantry Regiment alongside other Japanese American men. He proves to be a fearsome martial artist and fighter in Nazi Germany, and was rumored to have singlehandedly liberated a French village.
- Joichiro "Joe" Kazemaru, the son of Hiro Kazemaru, is born.
- Joe Kazemaru fights in Vietnam for the Americans. His martial arts and close quarter combat prowess proves legendary.
- Yuki Kazemaru, the son of Joe Kazemaru, is born. Due to growing up in a relatively peaceful time, he largely neglected his family's martial arts traditions, skimping on his training after the basics. However he turned out to be an effective street brawler due to his carefree troublemaking ways.
- Yuki Kazemaru marries Park Seongmin, a Korean immigrant.
- Mirai Satomi is born.
- A mysterious alien frog creature lands on Earth, calling it "Pekopon" while declaring that he will invade it.
- The events of Sgt. Frog occur. Angol Mois wakes up.
- Gaku Kazemaru learns of his family legacy as paranormal investigators and demon hunters from his great grandfather, Hirokazu Kazemaru.
- The events of Tekken 3 occur. Paul Phoenix initially wins the tournament, only for Jin Kazama, and later Heihachi Mishima, to steal the victory.
- Mirai Satomi investigates Ogre behind the scenes of the 3rd King of Iron Fist Tournament. Finally accepting his legacy, Gaku agrees to join her.
- The events of Tekken 4 occur. Heihachi Mishima wins the tournament.
- The events of Tekken 5 occur. Jin Kazama wins the tournament using his Devil form.
- The events of Tekken: Devil Within occur.
- The events of Death by Degrees occur.
- Events similar to Tekken: Blood Vengeance occur.
- The events of Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion occur.
- Gaku Kazemaru's home town is attacked by the Mishima Zaibatsu. His grandfather Kazuyoshi trains him intensely.
- Mirai Satomi's father, a skilled martial artist himself, attempts to fight the Tekken Force. Though he puts up a fight, he is injured with an inch of his life.
- Gaku, Mirai, and Vera enter the 6th King of Iron Fist Tournament, the former two aiming for the bounty on Jin Kazama's head. None of them make it to the finals.
- Gaku and Mirai go to Egypt to investigate Azazel.
- Gaku and Mirai begin a relationship.
- Heihachi Mishima retakes the Mishima Zaibatsu.
- Gaku Kazemaru goes to Japan after giving Mirai information on Azazel, then enters the 7th King of Iron Fist Tournament.
- Gaku tracks down Claudio Serafino, and vows to find out more about the Sirius Marksmen.
- The events of Tekken 7: Fated Retribution occur.
- Shinobu Kazemaru, grandson of Gaku Kazemaru, is born.
- Much of civilization is destroyed by the Aragami.
- Shinobu Kazemaru, now 17, joins the Fenrir Far East Branch to combat the Aragami, becoming their first New Type God Eater.
- The events of God Eater Resurrection occur.
- The events of God Eater 2 Rage Burst occur.
- Long after Earth is restored, a man named Aeolia Schenberg cryogenically freezes himself after leaving a pre-recorded message regarding a mysterious entity called "Celestial Being".
- The idea for the main characters of Kinouishi to have descendants in the King of Iron Fist tournament is inspired by the character customization in Tekken 6 onwards, and the ability to drastically change official characters' appearances to the point where they look like different characters altogether.
- The approximate dates for the events of Tekken are based on the name of Lei Wulong's theme in Tekken 2, "The Place, 1997 ", which implies that Tekken 2 is set in 1997.
- The Kinouishi canon exists in the same universe as another galaxy, though it exists far, far away.
- Seiji's descendant in God Eater was given the gender-neutral name "Shinobu" because while the author has the concept of his descendant being God Eater's protagonist, he has not played the game yet, and has yet to decide on a gender for the character.
- As of July 20, 2016, he has confirmed that Shinobu is male. However, the FanVerse will also accept the events of God Eater 2 Rage Burst, in which the protagonist will be female.
- Though the God Eater series is canon, the events of the God Eater anime are not, due to the author's dislike of the anime series, and his apathy towards the character Lenka Utsugi.