Soulcalibur: Perfect Wind is a universe that is very similar to the Soul series and Tekken canon with some minor differences, such as the existence of additional characters. It is a side story that revolves around the Kazemaru family, a bloodline of demon-hunting samurai who investigate supernatural occurrences, including Soul Edge and the Devil Gene.
The name "Perfect Wind", comes from the surname "Kazemaru", the name of the family around which the stories of this universe center. The characters for "Kazemaru" (風丸) literally translate as "wind circle" or "wind perfection". The name has no real symbolic meaning to the story, and was taken from an obscure character from the anime and manga series Yu Yu Hakusho. After finding out that the name was a viable surname, it stuck.
Story and Canon
The canon of the Soul series is largely unchanged, but the story focuses on the Perfect Wind protagonist, Seiji Kazemaru, as he gathers information on the Soul Swords and explores the world beyond his borders. Future stories center around his descendants, who carry on his legacy by investigating and hunting supernatural threats to humanity.
The Perfect Wind universe dictates that Soulcalibur shares a universe and canon with its sister series, Tekken, due to heavily impied ties between their backstories. For example, this universe's canon explicitly considers the Manji Clan of both games to be one and the same, the three known Yoshimitsus to be of the same line of succession, and hints at a possible connection between Malfestation and the Devil Gene. Therefore, the events of Death By Degrees and Urban Reign are also canon. God Eater, another Bandai Namco property, fits into the canon as well, with a descendant of the Kazemaru clan as the protagonist of the first game's events.
It can be assumed that other original Bandai Namco titles take place in this universe (such as Genpei Tōma Den, Time Crisis, and others), though they have little to no impact on the story of the Kazemaru clan, and are simply part of the world's history. A notable exception is the Tales series, as they are not set on our Earth.
The Soulcalibur arc of Perfect Wind, taking place from 1590 into the early 17th century, is the foundation of this fanverse, and centers around the events of Soulcalibur III onwards. The events from Soulcalibur III to V center around Seiji Kazemaru, a loyal samurai serving the House of Takazaki. Roughly around the events of the first Soulcalibur, he is traveling across East Asia learning about different martial arts and other skills, including training under Chinese kung fu master Tong Wufan.
During the events of Soulcalibur III, Lord Takazaki sends him to Europe to track down Soul Edge, alongside Master Tong's daughter, Lingmei. Soulcalibur IV continues the story, though their mission has changed to destroying Soul Edge, due to its nature as an evil sword.
Soulcalibur V follows the 17 year timeskip, in which Seiji, now a remorseful veteran of the Korean Invasions, seeks to destroy Soul Edge once again, in the hopes of finding a worthy challenger to end his pain.
Seiji's story ends with him finding peace, though he is recorded to have died in the Siege of Osaka in 1615.
The Tekken story arc of Perfect Wind, taking place in the early 21st century, follows the exploits of Gaku Kazemaru, an American-born descendant of Seiji Kazemaru who takes up his legacy as a paranormal investigator and demon hunter. Trained in both Karate and Taekwondo, Gaku enters the 6th King of Iron Fist Tournament, and later investigates Azazel. Prior to the events of Tekken 6, however, he had already investigated Ogre during the events of Tekken 3.
Despite his mission, Gaku also uses the tournaments and his adventures as a means to make friends and even win over women.
Other descendants of the Kazemaru clan also continue to hunt demons across the world, but their stories are largely unrecorded.
The God Eater arc, taking place in a post apocalyptic mid-21st century, follows Shinobu Kazemaru, an American-born God Eater of the Fenrir Far East Branch, and the grandson of Gaku Kazemaru. He takes up arms against the Aragami as a means to continue his family's legacy as demon hunters.
The stories of the Perfect Wind universe center around the Kazemaru clan, a family of samurai dating back to the Heian period. However, they would not gain much prominence until the exploits of Seiji Kazemaru, due to his adventures across the world finding Soul Edge, and his status as a war hero of Sawasaki.
The Kazemaru family, though virtually unheard of outside of Sawasaki and other territories once owned by the Takazaki clan, would constantly play a part in major historical events. Starting with Seiji, they would have close ties to the supernatural occurrences and events of the world, though members of the family, including Seiji himself, seldom had their own supernatural abilities, instead relying on their own skills or natural talents. However some, again including Seiji in his later life, would make use of advanced ninpo techniques to seal demons.
Starting with Seibei Kazemaru, the father of Seiji Kazemaru, the family would stay in service of the Takazaki family of daimyo until the Meiji Restoration, in which the last known members of the Takazaki bloodline would allegedly perish.
The clan has spread to multiple nations across the country, partly due to Seiji's own adventures, two of his children leaving Japan for good, and his descendants dispersing across the world after Japan opened its borders. A handful of them still continue to hunt demons in the modern day in other countries, including the USA, China, and various parts of Southeast Asia.
Due to unknown means, the bloodline, though originating in this universe, would find its way traversing other universes, usually by way of dimensional travel, willing or otherwise.
The Takazaki clan are the family of daimyo whom the Kazemaru clan served starting from the Sengoku era until the Meiji era. They claim descent from the Seiwa Genji bloodline, and have controlled Sawasaki since their founding.
Starting with Seibei Kazemaru joining Nobuhiro Takazaki in the mid-16th century, the Takazaki family and the Kazemaru family have a traditional close friendship despite their de jure relationship as lord and vassal, respectively. This was most evident between Hirosuke Takazaki and Seiji Kazemaru, as the two trusted each other above all. At times, Seiji was known to host Lord Hirosuke in his own house, and the two would address each other as old friends rather than as master and retainer, just as they did during their childhood.
By the 1870s, the Takazaki clan's name was forgotten by history after anti-Imperialist protestors burned down Lord Tadahiro Takazaki's mansion. Lord Tadahiro was said to have gone into hiding, only entrusting his whereabouts to Kazuyori Kazemaru, who would eventually become the first mayor of the new modernized city of Sawasaki. However, the name "Takazaki" is remembered fondly by Sawasaki's people.
One difference between the Perfect Wind universe and others is the existence of fictional cities and even lands.
Sawasaki and Sawajima
One of the more notable places exclusive to this universe is Sawasaki (沢崎 Sawasaki), a territory on the northern shore of the Seto Inland Sea, located in present-day Hiroshima Prefecture. The territory of Sawasaki was ruled by the Takazaki clan throughout the Sengoku and Edo periods.
By the time the Meiji Restoration began, the Takazaki clan had met their end during the Meiji Restoration, and Kazuyori Kazemaru, a descendant of Seiji Kazemaru, would unite many of the small towns of Sawasaki into one city. As a result, modern day Sawasaki is an eclectic city that combines modern elements of modern Tokyo or Osaka with rustic elements of the towns of old.
The Takazaki clan would also control Sawajima (澤島 Sawajima), a small nearby island off the coast of Sawasaki. The Takazaki clan commissioned a Buddhist temple to be built here in the mid 1590s, an effort which would be helmed by Seiji Kazemaru. The modern city would extend to this island. The Kazemaru family would make use of the more remote parts of the island as a training ground for future generations of ninja.
Historically, Sawasaki, being a territory that welcomed Christianity, was frequented by Western traders during the Sengoku era, and would have heavy Western influence throughout the Sengoku era into the early Edo period. Towards the end of the Isolationist era, Westerners would once again frequent Sawasaki, with many families to this day claiming Portuguese, English, or German heritage. Most of these families live in the "Little England" district on Sawajima, which was built after the end of the Isolationist period as a port for Western sailors. A handful of these families are commonly found running a Catholic church, due to some of them having been Hidden Christians in the past. Curiously, a handful of families, despite having lived in Sawajima for generations, appear to have strong English features due to many of the first English colonists starting families among themselves, only to become mixed with Japanese blood later on.
Sawasaki in the modern day is also known to have a significant Korean population, from whom Gaku Kazemaru is descended.
Myths and Legends
The Soulcalibur universe acknowledges the existence of beings such as the Greek Pantheon and other mythical creatures. In the Perfect Wind canon, the Greek Pantheon alongside many other gods, such as Shinto Dieties and others, are implied to exist as well.
The Earth of Perfect Wind has also had contact with extraterrestrials, in cases both related and unrelated to the Soul Swords.
Canon and Other Universes
The Perfect Wind universe, while largely limited to Namco fighting games and the like, also has connections to other universes.
Due to the presence of Angol Fear, and her status as a bonus character rather than a guest character, Perfect Wind also accepts the events of Sgt. Frog in its canon, despite its overly comedic nature.
The appearances of guest characters may be considered broad strokes canon. Other worlds such as a version of the Star Wars Legends galaxy and a version of Hyrule do exist in the same universe, and Hell may exist as it is depicted in the Spawn series, but they ultimately have little to no impact on the stories of the main characters. However, with the reveal of Akuma in Tekken 7: Fated Retribution and the implications of his impact on the main story, Perfect Wind may fully accept elements of Street Fighter into its canon as well, if not outright fully accepting the franchise.
Seiji Kazemaru has appeared in other games from completely different companies. These crossovers may be considered canon, though their lack of impact on the main story is usually handwaved in some way. For example, as in the ending of Warriors Orochi 3, Seiji's memories of the Orochi dimension fade away as with everyone else in the game.
Debuting in Soulcalibur III
Seiji Kazemaru (風丸 征次 Kazemaru Seiji) - The protagonist of the Perfect Wind Gaiden series. A samurai general with a knowledge of various types of East Asian martial arts due to his previous travels, he is often called the "Dragon of Sawasaki" (澤島の龍 Sawasaki no Ryū). After Soul Edge resurfaces in 1590, his lord and childhood friend Hirosuke Takazaki commands him to investigate and keep it out of the hands of Hideyoshi Toyotomi. Favors the use of a Chinese sword in combat, and is the first of his family to start their tradition of investigating the supernatural and hunting evil spirits. In Soulcalibur V, he has become a ninja who combines the use of kodachi with Chinese kenpo techniques.
Tong Lingmei (同昤媄 Tóng Língmei トン・リンメイ Ton Rinmei) - The first deuteragonist of the Perfect Wind Gaiden series. The daughter of the Chinese sword master who trained Seiji in the ways of Chinese martial arts. Travels with her old friend to see the world and leave her father's shadow.
Debuting in Soulcalibur IV
Tsubaki (椿 Tsubaki) - A kunoichi of the Fu-Ma clan who is secretly following Seiji to make sure that he stays on his mission.
Debuting in Soulcalibur V
Ryuki Arakachi (新垣 龍騎 Aragaki Ryūki アラカチ・リュウキ Arakachi Ryuki) - A Ryukyuan warrior who has trained with Tong Lingmei and her husband. Becomes Seiji's traveling companion.
Shu Jiaohu (蜀娇虎 Shǔ Jiāohǔ シュウ・ジアオフー Shū Jiaofū) - A thief from Western China who hopes to steal Soul Edge, the ultimate treasure. She travels with Seiji and Ryuki after the former defeats her in a duel.
Somchai (สมชาย Somchaay ソムチャイ Somuchai) - A Siamese cavalryman and a veteran of the Burmese-Siamese wars. He is very familiar with Japanese samurai, as he fought alongside many of them during the wars. After losing an eye in combat, he wears the tsuba of his Japanese friend's sword as an eyepatch in his memory.
Shin Seiji - An alternate version of Seiji who uses a nunchaku.
Debuting in Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Gaku Kazemaru (風丸 学 Kazemaru Gaku) - An American-born descendant of Seiji Kazemaru, Gaku has trained in various martial arts styles such as Karate and Taekwondo. He has continued his family's legacy as paranormal investigators and demon hunters behind the scenes of the King of Iron Fist Tournaments, before finally entering the 6th.
Mirai Satomi ( 里見 未来 Satomi Mirai) - An American-born Scottish-Japanese hafu woman and a close friend of Gaku Kazemaru. A budding anthropologist, kenpo expert, and amateur pro wrestler, Mirai has studied among Native American cultures, and is familiar with their legends. It is implied that she has feelings for Gaku, though he is largely unaware of them.
Vera Vidal (ヴェラ・ヴィダル Vera Vidaru) - A Brazilian capoeirista who forms a brief romance with Gaku.
Mitsuki Nakayama (中山 美月 Nakayama Mitsuki) - A bonus character who is Kento's partner in hunting and destroying the Second Soul Edge.
Debuting in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Debuting in Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
Debuting in God Eater Resurrection
Shinobu Kazemaru (風丸 シノブ Kazemaru Shinobu) - A grandson of Gaku Kazemaru, who travels to Tokyo to join the Fenrir Far East Branch. As the Far East Branch's first New-Type God Eater, Shinobu is designated "Alpha-1". Having picked up his grandfather's easygoing attitude and sarcasm, Shinobu often wisecracks during combat, though he still takes fighting the Aragami much more seriously than he implies.
Debuting in God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Sachiko Perry (さちこ ペリー Sachiko Perii) - A God Eater of mixed British/Japanese descent.
The events of Perfect Wind's universe happen as follows. All story events of the Soulcalibur and Tekken games, and any other existing franchises listed, are assumed to have happened as they did in their original canon, unless stated otherwise.
Events of official material (i.e. games, events pertaining to official canon) are bolded.
Events in italics refer to events of ambiguous canonicity, including but not limited to crossovers. These events typically fall outside of Perfect Wind's scope as a Soulcalibur/Tekken/Xenosaga Fanverse, but they may or may not have happened regardless.
- Feng Zhong (風忠 Fēng Zhōng) joins the Cao Wei army and fights on the losing side of the Battle of Red Cliffs.
- Feng Zhong joins a Wei envoy to Japan to meet with Queen Himiko. He stays in Japan for good.
- Kazemaru no Atsushi (風丸の淳 Kazemaru no Atsushi), a descendant of Feng Zhong and immigrants from the Korean Baekje and Gaya kingdoms, becomes one of the first samurai in Japan.
- The Takazaki clan is founded somewhere in midwestern Japan, claiming descent from the Yamato Genji bloodline descended from Emperor Seiwa. They become friendly with the Kazemaru clan.
- The Mongols attempt to invade Japan. Kazemaru no Yuichi (風丸の祐一 Kazemaru no Yūichi), a direct descendant of Kazemaru no Atsushi, fights against them. He wears the helmet of a Mongol officer as a trophy for the rest of his battles.
- Reynold Ashland is born.
- The Bird of Passage is founded by a group of orphan survivors of the Black Plague, including Reynold Ashland.
- Reynold Ashland is bitten by a vampire at age 27. He leaves the organization and becomes a soldier. He is eventually knighted for his exceptional service.
- Reynold Ashland becomes a wandering mercenary, offering his services all over England and Scotland.
- Issei Kazemaru (風丸 一征 Kazemaru Issei), a jizamurai from Chugoku, becomes a daimyo.
- Seibei Kazemaru (風丸 征兵衛 Kazemaru Seibei), heir to the Kazemaru clan, is born.
- The Kazemaru clan's small territory is overtaken by the rival Yasuda clan. Issei manages to escape with his son.
- Issei is assassinated. Seibei is raised by a vassal samurai of the former clan.
- Seibei resorts to piracy, wanting to retake his former position by birthright.
- Seibei's pirate crew is defeated, and he enters the service of Nobuhiro Takazaki (高崎 信宏 Takazaki Nobuhiro), the daimyo of a small domain called Sawasaki. Seibei initially plans to gain the trust of Lord Nobuhiro and eventually turn against him, but eventually begins to truly respect him as a person, and even learns about their clans' histories together. He stays a vassal samurai out of this respect. The two would remain friends for the rest of their lives.
- Hirosuke Takazaki (高崎 宏助 Takazaki Hirosuke) is born.
- Seiji Kazemaru is born.
- Tong Lingmei is born.
- Somchai is born.
- The events of Soul Edge occur.
- A student of Master Tong Wufan attempts to search for Soul Edge. Though he gets close to obtaining the sword, he is killed by a rival warrior.
- Seibei Kazemaru dies in a battle that otherwise wipes out the Yasuda clan, who took his father's territory. Lord Yasuda is killed by Seibei's 18-year-old son, Seiji Kazemaru, who takes the man's helmet as a trophy after his own is damaged beyond repair. The last son of the Yasuda clan, Yoshiaki Yasuda, joins under the Takazaki clan's banner.
- Ryuki Arakachi is born.
- Yoshiaki Yasuda, now having gained the trust of the Takazaki clan, attempts to assassinate Lord Takazaki to avenge his own clan. Hirosuke Takazaki and Seiji Kazemaru catch him in the act, and he is then sold to a Portuguese merchant as a slave.
- Hideyoshi Toyotomi subjugates Takazaki clan.
- Seiji Kazemaru leaves Japan for one year to travel across East Asia through Manchuria, Mongolia, and China. In China, he meets Master Tong Wufan and his daughter, Tong Lingmei, and learns Chinese combat styles from them for one year.
- The events of Soulcalibur occur.
- Yoshiaki Yasuda, now a slave, arrives in Portugal. He is traded among multiple masters, though his whearabouts become unknown, and his name is forgotten by history.
- Seiji leaves Master Tong, but promises to return. Now armed with new skills and a dao, he then travels across Southeast Asia. It is said that he briefly worked as a mercenary for the king of Ayutthaya.
- Shu Jiaohu is born.
- Seiji Kazemaru returns to Japan, only to find that Nobuhiro Takazaki dies of illness. Hirosuke is named the successor.
- While quelling a rebellion, Seiji's new skills are demonstrated, solidifying his status as one of the Takazaki clan's finest warriors.
- The events of Soulcalibur II occur.
- Hirosuke Takazaki commants Seiji Kazemaru to travel west and gather information on Soul Edge to keep it out of the hands of Hideyoshi Toyotomi.
- Seiji meets Tong Lingmei once again, and the two travel west to find information on the sword.
- The events of Soulcalibur III occur.
- Ji Gang defeats Seiji and Lingmei, warns them of Soul Edge's evil nature, and trains them.
- Lost Cathedral is destroyed.
- Reynold Ashland resurfaces to find the Soul Swords.
- Algol is awakened.
- The events of Soulcalibur IV occur.
- Seiji and Lingmei make their way to Ostrheinsburg Castle.
- Tower of Lost Souls is destroyed. Seiji appears to be in a coma.
- Lingmei returns to China.
- Angol Fear leaves Earth, deciding that while its people are too weak to control Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, they are at relative peace. She summons her cousin to give Earth its proper judgment, only for her to fall asleep for 500 years.
- Seiji visits Lingmei one more time before returning to Japan, to find that she has started her own martial arts school.
- While traveling home, Seiji is transported by Orochi to his amalgamation universe, where he fights alongside warriors from various historical periods and even dimensions against Orochi and Da Ji. He is said to have encountered the warrior Sophitia Alexandra.
- Seiji meets a red-haired kunoichi who is a clone of Kasumi. The two travel together.
- The events of the Warriors Orochi series occur.
- Seiji returns home to his native time and realm, wiped of all memories of Orochi's world.
- Seiji is declared a hero of Sawasaki and of the Takazaki army, and his family is given the duty to intercept and eliminate supernatural threats to the clan.
- Seiji is arranged to marry Rinko Fujita (藤田 凛子 Fujita Rinko), the daughter of a powerful general in the Takazaki clan's army. Though he is initially against the idea, the two fall in love upon actually meeting.
- Takazaki clan is summoned to Korea to participate in the war. Seiji Kazemaru is made a field commander.
- Seiji fights Hong Yunseong. Both survive.
- Seiji's eldest son Ryota Kazemaru (風丸 燎太 Kazemaru Ryōta) is born while he is in Korea.
- Seiji is promoted to ninja status.
- Tong Lingmei is married to Wu Chun (武春 Wǔ Chūn), her childhood friend and a student of her father.
- Seiji and Rinko's twin children Aoi (風丸 葵 Kazemaru Aoi) and Kyuzo (風丸 久蔵 Kazemaru Kyūzō) Kazemaru are born.
- Hirotsugu Takazaki, son of Hirosuke Takazaki, is born.
- Takazaki clan is once again summoned to Korea to participate in the invasion. Commander Kazemaru resumes his position from the previous invasion.
- The Korean invasions end. Seiji Kazemaru returns to Japan haunted by the atrocities that he was forced to commit in Toyotomi's name.
- The Takazaki clan fights in Sekigahara on the side of Mitsunari ishida. Despite fighting for the losing side, they swear loyalty to the Tokugawa Shogunate shortly after.
- Hirosuke Takazaki dies of battle wounds.
- Hirotsugu Takazaki, then known as Takechiyo, is named successor to the clan, and a tōzama daimyo. However, as he is too young, he was largely under the guidance of advisors.
- From this point onwards, Seiji Kazemaru is said to have started frequenting geisha houses, drinking, and amassing concubines. This is both due to the atrocities he was forced to commit in Korea, and the loss of his lifelong best friend.
- Soul Edge and Malfested resurface.
- A mysterious merchant sells Seiji a fragment of Soul Edge, which unknowingly inflicts his wife with an incurable disease, killing her. It eventually kills most of his concubines.
- The events of Soulcalibur V occur.
- Seiji is sent to once again counter the threat beyond the Takazaki clan's borders. He secretly also seeks death on his mission to make up for the atrocities he committed in Korea, and to ease the pain of having lost loved ones.
- Seiji meets Ryuki Arakachi, and the two travel together.
- Seiji and Ryuki meet Shu Jiaohu, a thief who wants Soul Edge for herself. She agrees to travel with them.
- Trio encounters two Astaroth, one of whom breaks Seiji's kodachi, and the other of whom apparently kills Ryuki. Seiji uses Ryuki's nunchaku in his memory.
- Seiji and Jiaohu join Schwarzwind forces in the final siege on Ostrheinsburg. Seiji befriends Selma Krüger, a mercenary from former Wolfkrone.
- After finishing his quest, Seiji stayed in Europe for a year, helping various groups of warriors fight Malfested remnants alongside Selma. This, after rekindling his adventurer's spirit, teaches him to accept everything that happened to him in the past seven years.
- Seiji and Selma return to Japan.
- Azumi Kazemaru (風丸あずみ Kazemaru Azumi), the daughter of Seiji and Selma, is born.
- Aoi is married to Nobutora Kagami (鏡 信虎 Kagami Nobutora), another samurai who serves the Takazaki clan. At her insistence, the Kagami family also takes up demon hunting and paranormal investigation.
- The Siege of Osaka occurs. The Takazaki clan, including Seiji and his three children, participates on behalf of the Shogun. Aoi disguises herself as a man to fight alongside her brothers.
- Siege of Osaka ends. Seiji makes peace with his actions during the Korean invasions, though he is recorded to have died in battle. His son Ryota's memoirs claim that Seiji was among the men who killed the legendary Sanada Yukimura.
- Kyuzo leaves Japan to explore the world like his father before him.
- The Takazaki clan are rallied into the Boshin War on the side of the Imperialists. After Lord Tadahiro Takazaki (高崎 忠宏 Takazaki Tadahiro) joins the Shimazu and Mori clans in their uprising, the Kazemaru family stand by them and rally them.
- Twin brothers Kazuyori (風丸 和頼 Kazemaru Kazuyori) and Kazushige (風丸 和繁 Kazemaru Kazushige) Kazemaru fall out. Kazuyori supports the reign of the Emperor along with the rest of the Kazemaru family, while Kazushige supports the old ways of the Shogunate.
- The Meiji era begins. Kazuyori Kazemaru officially joins the Imperial army as an officer. Kazushige continues to cling to the days of the Shogunate, and becomes a rebellious hitman who targets Imperialists.
- The Takazaki clan fights alongside the Imperialists in the Meiji Restoration wars.
- Lord Tadahiro's mansion is burned to the ground by anti-Imperialist traitors led by Kazushige. Kazuyori fights his brother in a fit of loyalty to his lord. Kazuyori is victorious, but spares his brother. Tadahiro casts Kazushige out as a ronin.
- Tadahiro goes into hiding, trusting only Kazuyori with his whereabouts. As they are no longer lord and vassal under the new laws, Tadahiro's final words to Kazuyori address him as "a friend and a brother".
- In Tadahiro's honor, Kazuyori unites the small towns of the Sawasaki territory with its capital city. The city's jurisdiction eventually expands to Sawajima, which is now, in its entirety, part of the city.
- Kazuyori is named the first mayor of the new expanded Sawasaki city.
- Kazushige Kazemaru accepts the new Imperial rule, but believes that Japan no longer needs swordsmen like him. However, he clings to his ways as a swordsman and travels to America, where he becomes a treasure hunter and a mercenary, using guns and swords in unison. Before leaving, he goes back to his brother to make final amends. Kazuyori forgives his brother.
- Yuki Kazemaru is born.
- Yuki Kazemaru marries Park Yuna and moves to America after being disowned by his family.
- Gaku Kazemaru is born.
- Vera Vidal is born.
- Yuki Kazemaru and his immediate family make amends.
- A mysterious alien frog creature lands on Earth, calling it "Pekopon" while declaring that he will invade it.
- The events of Sgt. Frog occur. Angol Mois wakes up.
- Gaku Kazemaru learns of his family legacy as paranormal investigators and demon hunters.
- The events of Tekken 3 occur. Paul Phoenix initially wins the tournament, only for Jin Kazama, and later Heihachi Mishima, to steal the victory.
- Mirai Satomi investigates Ogre behind the scenes of the 3rd King of Iron Fist Tournament. Finally accepting his legacy, Gaku agrees to join her.
- The events of Tekken 4 occur. Heihachi Mishima wins the tournament.
- The events of Tekken 5 occur. Jin Kazama wins the tournament using his Devil form.
- The events of Tekken: Devil Within occur.
- The events of Death by Degrees occur.
- Events similar to Tekken: Blood Vengeance occur.
- The events of Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion occur.
- Gaku, Mirai, and Vera enter the 6th King of Iron Fist Tournament. None of them make it to the finals.
- Gaku and Mirai go to Egypt to investigate Azazel.
- Heihachi Mishima retakes the Mishima Zaibatsu.
- Gaku Kazemaru goes to Japan after giving Mirai information on Azazel, then enters the 7th King of Iron Fist Tournament.
- The events of Tekken 7: Fated Retribution occur.
- Shinobu Kazemaru, grandson of Gaku Kazemaru, is born.
- Much of civilization is destroyed by the Aragami.
- Shinobu Kazemaru, now 16, joins the Fenrir Far East Branch to combat the Aragami, becoming their first New Type God Eater.
- The events of God Eater Resurrection occur.
- The events of God Eater 2 Rage Burst occur.
- The idea for the main characters of Perfect Wind to have descendants in the King of Iron Fist tournament is inspired by the character customization in Tekken 6 onwards, and the ability to drastically change official characters' appearances to the point where they look like different characters altogether.
- The approximate dates for the events of Tekken are based on the name of Lei Wulong's theme in Tekken 2, "The Place, 1997 ", which implies that Tekken 2 is set in 1997.
- The Perfect Wind canon exists in the same universe as another galaxy, though it exists far, far away.
- Seiji's descendant in God Eater was given the gender-neutral name "Shinobu" because while the author has the concept of his descendant being God Eater's protagonist, he has not played the game yet, and has yet to decide on a gender for the character.
- As of July 20, 2016, he has confirmed that Shinobu is male. However, the FanVerse will also accept the events of God Eater 2 Rage Burst, in which the protagonist will be female.