Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article was written by Darthrai. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.
This article is currently under active construction. The author, Darthrai, apologizes for the inconvenience.
|Engine||Havok (game physics)|
|Released||All regions 2010|
|Media||Universal Media Disc|
An article for a hypothetical full remake of Soulcalibur IV, an installment in Namco's Soul series of fighting games, for the PSP. As opposed to Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, the PSP version of Soulcalibur IV will include most of the features seen in the console versions of the game, and can be considered a true port.
Similarities to and differences from Soulcalibur IV (console versions) and Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
- Both the Star Wars guest characters from IV and Kratos from Broken Destiny are playable, making this the first game in the Soul series with guest characters from more than two franchises. Similarly, both the Star Wars and God of War stages from both prior games return as well.
- The familiar Arcade, Story, Museum and Training modes all return, similar to their counterparts from the console versions of IV. The Tower of Lost Souls mode is present as well.
- Character Creation also returns, with all the features included in both IV and Broken Destiny. The skill points system and muscularity/physique option from IV are present, as well as the adjustable equipment and custom portrait options from Broken Destiny. However, pieces of equipment do not have more than one customizable color each.
- Regular characters (with the exception of Algol and guest characters) are fully customizable once again, with both their standard costumes consisting of selectable parts.
- The Gauntlet mode, distinct from each character's individual story mode, is present. It is virtually identical to its The Gauntlet|Broken Destiny counterpart, except that three additional floors have been added and the storyline has been altered to include Darth Vader, Yoda and The Apprentice.
- Darth Vader, Yoda and The Apprentice now have full alternate costumes as opposed to recolors. Darth Vader's 2P costume resembles an unused concept art version of his suit designed by Ralph McQuarrie; Yoda's 2P costume resembles his appearance in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, and the Apprentice's 2P costume resembles his "Lord Starkiller" armor from the non-canon ending of The Force Unleashed.
- While the main menu layout and character selection music are taken from the console versions of IV, the main menu music and character selection screen are taken from Broken Destiny.
- Individual character voices can be switched between English and Japanese language versions.
All regular characters from the console versions of Soulcalibur IV, as well as Broken Destiny, return for the game, including guest characters. Guest characters are unlocked by encountering them in Story Mode, similar to how bonus characters were unlocked in IV for consoles.
Unlockable characters are listed in bold.
- Seong Mi-na
- Challenge of the Gods - Bloodshed (Kratos)
- Egyptian Temple - Sacred Flame (Yun-seong)
- Grand Labyrinth - Corridor of Suspended Time (Zasalamel)
- Grand Shrine of Palgaea - Sea of Decay (Astaroth/Lizardman)
- Hall of the Warrior God (Kilik/Xianghua)
- Ice Coffin of the Sleeping Ancient (Cervantes/Rock)
- Jyurakudai Villa - Twill Damask and Brocade (Setsuka/Mitsurugi/Yoshimitsu)
- Ostrheinsburg Castle - Battlement (Taki/Raphael/Amy)
- Ostrheinsburg Castle Throne Room (Tira)
- Phantom Pavilion (Voldo)
- Sailor's Rest - Twilight (Seong Mi-na/Maxi)
- Sleeping Marsh (Talim)
- Star Destroyer Docking Bay - Emperor's Arrival (Darth Vader/Yoda/The Apprentice)
- Thesmophoros Imperial Garden - Sunset (Cassandra/Sophitia)
- Tower of Remembrance - Ancient Gate (Siegfried)
- Tower of Remembrance - Degradation (Algol)
- Tower of Remembrance - Encounter (Nightmare)
- Tower of Remembrance - Spiral of Time (Ivy)
- Voiceless Volpe Bridge (Dampierre)
- Wolfkrone Monument (Hilde)