- "We are the sisters of despair; we fear nothing..."
- — Kiera and Chanaya
The Sisters of Despair (絶望の姉妹, Zetsubō no shimai) real names Kiera and Chanaya, are fan characters originally created by SoulGauger but now owned by Hyper Zergling for the Soul series of fighting games. They can be created in Soul Calibur V's Character Creation and will make their appearance in Soul Calibur: Circle of Legends as non-playable characters.
Kiera and Chanaya are twins who were orphaned by a bandit attack at the age of 15. Now parent-less, they were forced to live on the streets and had only each other to take care of. In order to survive, the sisters repeatedly stole food and clothing while traveling from city to city to avoid imprisonment.
When the sisters were brought to Henri, Kiera explained to the duke that she and her sister no longer have parents and have only been taking care of each other. Henri "sympathized" with the sisters and then promised them a better life. Anticipating fighting potential in the sisters, the duke provided each sister with a cutlass, each infused with a Soul Edge shard. These blades, Henri called the "Swords of Despair."
After the sisters accepted the Swords of Despair, Henri gave them to the Edge Mistress to train. With time, the sisters became stronger, not only from their mentor's training, but also from the power their swords gave them. It was not long before both sisters were no longer human. Once they became powerful warriors in their own rights, they became known as the "Sisters of Despair."
Kiera and Chanaya are both fiercely loyal to Henri. Kiera, the older twin, tends to speak for both herself and her sister.
- Ready to fight.....
- Are you ready..?
- Victory or defeat depends on one's training
- You where a good opponent
- Darn it.......
- Chanaya.......... Lets see what you've got - spoken when fighting Chanaya
- Master Henri........,!! - spoken when being defeated by Yvette or Edge Mistress
- This is.............. True power...!!
- Are you scared...........
- No...........its to bright............ - Spoken during Yoshimitsu's Critical Edge
- Let's get this job done... Spoken at the beginning of her "Critical Edge"
- Now.......!!!, Feel real Soul punishment.- spoken during her Critical Edge
- I do not care about your feelings just begone and never return to this place, EVER AGAIN.....!!!
- If you ever get in my way again............, you will die...
- Lets start....
- Chanaya............. you where holding back.......... - Spoken after defeating Chanaya
- Do not underestemate the power of my sword...
- You where strong............, But i was stronger.
- Whoa.......!!!!!! - Spoken when hit by a tremor.
- Not fear!! - Spoken when timed out
- Sorry......., All out of mercy..........!!
- You..........!!!!, You will beg for your life when i am done with you - Spoken starting a fight against a good character
- You don't stand a chance.
- Man, what a drag.
- Kiera.........!!!!! -spoken when fighting against Kiera
- How's this?
- I swear everyone who is against us, will perish
- Demonic Fools...BEGONE! - Spoken when attacking a good character
- This is...CRAZY
- I do never want to be locked up again
- No way! - spoken when an enemy breaks her guard
- Now what?
- Master, I will obey you in every way............ - Spoken when defeating Yvette or the Edge Mistress
- Get lost!
- Shut up!
- That's a wrap.
- Let's get serious... Spoken ate the beginning of her "Critical Edge"
- Now.......!!!, Feel my Soul punishment.- spoken during her Critical Edge
- Oh yeah.
- You're so lame!
- Dammit! So pathetic... — Spoken upon losing a Time Out.
- What the...?! — Spoken when hit by a tremor.
- You're mine!
- (sarcastic)You're such a pain. — Taunt
- Bye now.
- Ah Hell! — Spoken during a Ring Out.
- This is bad! — Spoken during a Ring Out.
- Over here!
- Quick strike!
- You like?
- Yeah, yeah.
- Want more?
- Outta my sight!!
- Such a pain~! - Spoken during Yoshimitsu's Critical Edge
- That's enough of that for one day!
- I win again! Ain't no big surprise.- Spoken when defeating Kiera
- Ugh... - While grabbing.
- You mocking me?
- What?! Whatever....
- Damn! So pathetic... - spoken when timed out