Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- REDIRECT Template:UserCharacter (Old)
- — Seo-yun
Chae Seo-yun (チェ・ソユン, Che Soyun, Hanja: 採書閏, Hangul: 채서윤) is a fictional character in the Soul series of fighting games.
What lies in her soul is Liberation.
Seo-yun fights with a mubuchae, a Korean martial arts fan, and a hwandudaedo, an ancient Korean sword from the country's Three Kingdoms era.
- Ganghwangi (강환기) & Leuncheondung (른천둥)
- The family name Chae is a feminine name derived from 彩 meaning "colour, hue".
- Seo translates to "book", and yun is from Sino-Korean 允 "allow, consent" or 潤 "soft, sleek".
- Soulcalibur: Lost Swords (Playable character)
- There are a few hints pointing towards Seo-yun's relation to Hwang Seong-gyeong, whether by blood or otherwise.
- Although not a Chinese sword, in Korean, leuncheondung loosely translates to "other thunder", possibly referencing its relation to the Blue Thunder.
- Seo-yun remarks being somewhat talented with the halberd, but not too well. Though this could easily reference Seong Mi-na's fighting style, there is one concept art depicting Hwang with a halberd, although he never actually uses one in-game.