- "Peace, cannot be attained through conflict."
- — Kisandra
Kisandra Cassaventes (Kisandraカサヴェテス, Kisandra kasavu~etesu) is a character in the Soul series & fan Astral series of fighting games, she is the older sister to Kilina, Mother to Klymene and Aunt to Millicent. Kisandra made her debut in Soulcalibur III, and has returned for Soulcalibur IV. She also appears in many fan games, making her debut return in Soulcalibur Astral Swords.
What lies in her soul is Protection.
To be added...
As a child Kisandra and her sister had no home and no parents. Apparently her mother left the two sister on the streets to die when they where only babies. They where immediately taken in by the kingdom of Grandall and raised there together.
Soulcalibur III - 1590 -
Kisandra is now an 18 year old girl, she is the older sister to Kilina. She is a part of the kingdom of Grandall who took her in when she was only a baby. She fights along side the kingdom and helps them take over other kingdoms. After a while her and her sister realize they do not want to be apart of the kingdom as they do not wish to rule other kingdoms. They betray the kingdom of Grandall and battle. After a long battle Kisandra realizes she is losing so she flees along with Kilina. While fleeing Kisandra & Kilina encounter their friend Abelia, they regretfully battle her but lose from being too weak. The pair run from Abelia and leave the kingdom of Grandall. Kisandra and Kilina eventually arrive in the kingdom of Wolfkrone.This is where she meets Hilde, Hilde tells the sisters about the holy sword Soul Calibur. After learning about the sword Kisandra decides to do whatever she can to protect it.
Soulcalibur IV - 1590 -
A few months after Kisandra joined the kingdom of Wolfkrone she celebrated her 19th birthday. Kisandra finds out that her sister has went on a journey to find Soul Edge, knowing that Soul Edge is evil and could take over her sisters body Kisandra panics "No, I cannot let Kilina get Soul Edge... I must find Soul Calibur, destroy Soul Edge, and find my sister..." and so Kisandra sets off on a journey to find Soul Calibur. She travels the world looking for the sword. She eventually hears rumors of a "man wielding the spirit sword" and so carries on the way she is heading. After traveling further Kisandra comes into contact with Hilde, the ruler of Wolfkrone, her friend. "Kisandra, I am sorry but I will not let you harm Siegfried!" "Siegfried? Is that the name of the man who wields Soul Calibur? I know I promised to protect Soul Calibur but..." "Silence! I am sorry, but I have no choice but to fight you!" Hilde attacks Kisandra. The pair fight and it seems like Hilde is going to win "Hilde please, I need the sword to save my sister!" Hilde ignores Kisandra and carries on attacking. Kisandra dodges Hilde's attack "I'm sorry for this" Kisandra strikes Hilde and defeats her. She carries on with her journey looking for Siegfried knowing he must be close. After a bit more travel Kisandra finally finds him. "You must be Siegfried! Well, I need that sword!" Kisandra states, "No, I cannot let you have it! This sword protects the world, I wield it for the Soul purpose of defeating Nightmare". Kisandra looks down "Nightmare? Well then... I'm sorry, but I'll have to take it by force" Kisandra attacks Siegfried. After a long hard fight Kisandra emerges the victor. "You fool, you need to be of pure blood to wield that sword!" Siegfried shouts. "I'm doing this to save my sister, If I don't, she may become malfested!" "If your sisters is searching for Soul Edge, she will come across Nightmare, she's most probably dead by now!" Kisandra looks away and leaves with Soul Calibur not saying a word. "Now, all I have to do is find Kil..." Kisandra stops, and standing in front of her is her sister Kilina, now malfested... "No, I was too late! Kilina I will save you! I will protect you!".
Just after 4 (Ending) - 1590 -
Kilina is crazy, seeing Soul Calibur in Kisandra's hand she launches towards her "Ah, Kilina, what are you doing? Please stop!" Kisandra begs but Kilina does not listen, "I guess I have no choice" Kisandra begins to fight her sister in order to release her from the control of Soul Edge. After a long, hard battle Kisandra becomes weak, realizing she's losing. She's at her limit, weak, dying, she falls to the ground.
Kilina slowly walks towards Kisandra who is now out cold on the floor. Kisandra thinks to herself "Okay Kilina, just launch yourself at me... Ah" Kisandra is bleeding, she thinks "No, come on I just have to do this!". Kilina looks at Kisandra and Soul Calibur... And launches herself right at her. Kisandra smiles, pretending to be injured, "this is my chance" Kisandra swiftly evades Kilina's attack and quickly releases a power blow right to her left eye. Kilina lets out an incredible scream and Soul Edge flies out of her hand and hits the floor. A strange red glow emits from the sword, it travels around Kilina's pierced eye and enters her body. Kilina falls to the ground, out cold. Kisandra rushes over to Kilina's body and kneels besides her "Kilina wake up! Speak to me!" Kilina begins to groan as she regains conciseness no longer being malfested, her eye is badly injured from Kisandra. "I'm so sorry Kilina, but I had to save yo... Ugh" Kisandra feels a pain in her chest and falls backwards. Kilina, fully conscious now lifts herself up and rushes to Kisandra. "Kisandra are you okay? Get up, get up please! I'm sorry, pursuing Soul Edge was stupid, I'm stupid! Just please, GET UP!!" Kisandra looks up towards her sister and smiles "I... I'm sorry for hurting you... I love you sis... and tell Klymene... I love... her too... Please... look after her....". She lays in a pool of her own blood and disappears. A voice is then heard saying "I love you sis". Kisandra is then presumed dead by Kilina...
Soulcalibur Astral Swords - 1607 -
Soulcalibur: The Spirit Lineage - 1610 -
Kisandra has dark green eyes and long brown hair. Her hair is naturally a dark brown/ginger. She has a sweet yet strong face. She has pale skin. She is the opposite of her sister by having dark hair and dark eyes.
In Soulcalibur III
In Soulcalibur IV
Soulcalibur Astral Swords
In Soulcalibur Astral Swords
Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light
In Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light
Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny
In Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny
Kisandra is very caring and will do anything to protect her family. She cares a lot for her family members and close friends. She doesn't like violence but will fight to protect the ones she loves. She thinks fighting will not resolve anything. Kisandra has a pure soul and when it comes to evil she will always try her best to defeat them. She gets distraught when it comes to her family members being in danger.
Kisandra is mainly a counter fighter. She is, like her sister Kilina, quite an aggressive fighter, but not as aggressive. She can avoid attacks and hit with an attack of her own. Like her younger sister, Kilina, she is awful at long range, but makes up for it in attack throws, close quarters, strength, and speed. She is a lot more skilled and does more damage than Kilina. She can also dash in and attack as well with a variety of moves.
- The Ancient (1P: Soulcalibur III)
- Orichalcum (2P: Soulcalibur III - 3P: Soulcalibur IV)
- Swordbreaker (1P Soulcalibur IV, Soulcalibur Astral Swords -Flashback only-)
- Omega Sword & Elk Shield (2P: Soulcalibur IV)
- Brave One (1P: Soulcalibur Astral Swords - Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny)
Kisandra slashes her opponent with her sword on their chest, pushing them back, and then she jumps on them, using them to launch herself spinning into the air. She swings her sword at her opponent, stunning them. She then gets into a praying position and a flash of lighting comes, striking her opponent down. Thunder can also be heard.
It resembles many others, yet is like nothing else. A magnificent palace of water that seems to contain every form of architecture known to Europe. No one knows who made it, or where it is located. However, it is said that only those with a strong will and a willingness to bet their own lives can reach it. The great volume of water that flows through it is always circulating and pure, and it is said that it cleanses those who come here to pray.
Notable features include a chasm at one end of the room as well as a line of knights who serve as a wall. These knights actually move forward over the course of the battle, shrinking the stage area a bit. Kisandra ended up here as a result of searching for Soul Calibur.
- "Forsaken Sanctuary"
- "Reign of Doom"
Soulcalibur Astral Swords
Souclalibur Astral Swords - A New Light
Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny
- "Please get out of my way!"
- "This is gonna be great!"
- "Alright, lets settle this!"
- "Be careful from now on!"
- "I'll take you on anytime you want"
- "It looks like I'm just too strong for you!"
- "I won't hold back next time"
- "Prepare yourself!"
- "Outta the way!"
- "Lets end this!"
- "Aren't we cheeky"
- "This is absurd!"
- "Go down!"
- "It's over"
- "Hey, you're not half bad" - While taunting.
- "What?" - After losing a battle.
- "I can't believe this!" - After losing a battle.
- "How do you like the taste of ancient powers?" - Said when wielding The Ancient.
- "You can't get away!"
- "Lets go!"
- "Did I do it?"
- "... This!"
- "How about..."
- "... This!"
- "Good luck to you, fight with all your might as I will"
- "Now, atone for your sins."
- "Come here" - While taunting.
- "Poor thing" - To Nightmare
- "Please" - To Cervantes
- "Silence!" - While taunting Cervantes
- "This ends now!" - While taunting Nightmare
- "That is enough!" - While taunting Tira
- "Lets finish this."
- "Please stop!"
- "Repent for your sins."
- "Don't get up."
- "Stubborn fool."
- "Please understand."
- "Do not struggle."
- "This is the end!"
- "Calm down."
- "Bring peace to those without guidance" - During critical finish.
- "You can't be saved!"
- "Poor thing."
- "Give up!"
- "Here I go."
- "You should rest for a while."
- "Strength does not always lead to the truth."
- "I can feel your determination."
- "I shall part you from your karma."
- "Peace cannot be attained through conflict."
- "You only need to ask for salvation."
- "You lack any real power."
- "Pray for forgiveness!"
- "So, you're willing to throw your life away."
- "Strength can only be achieved by accepting your weaknesses."
- "Please Understand!"
- "I understand, Now come."
- "Over here!"
- "I won't forgive you!"
- "This ends now!"
- "That is enough!"
- "You still don't understand."
- "This will be a test..."
- "Let's finish this."
- "This is for own good."
- "You must get up."
- "Do not...struggle!"
- "How sad."
- "Troubled Soul!"
- "You coveted what you could not obtain."
- "Act, before you have time to regret."
- "I accept... My defeat" - After losing a battle
- Is the daughter to Kaarina and doesn't know her Fathers name (Both Deceased)
- Is the older sister to Kilina
- Is the mother to Klymene
- Was raised by the kingdom of Grandall
- Used to be friends with Abelia (Soulcalibur III)
- Fought against Abelia and lost (Soulcalibur III)
- Used to be friends with Hilde (Soulcalibur IV)
- Fought Hilde to a battle and won (Soulcalibut IV)
- Fought Siegfried to a battle and won (Soulcalibur IV)
- Fought Kilina to a battle, won but "died" afterwards due to injuries (Soulcalibur IV)
- Never actually died and was transported to Utopia of the Blessed by Elysium (The end of Soulcalibur IV)
- Battled against Elysium while in Utopia of the Blessed (After Soulcalibur IV)
- Is the Aunt to Millicent
- Kisandra originally had a 3rd sister who would be evil. She was to appear in Soulcalibur IV, but this was scrapped.
- This would have changed the events of the entire story as Kisandra would still be alive.
- Due to this Kisandra did not have a daughter originally.
- Her 3rd sister would have wielded an axe and shield, (Lizardmans) style.
- The story was changed after Kisandra's 3rd sister was scrapped. The ending of her story in Soulcalibur IV would still be the same where she lives, and she would have appeared in Soulcalibur V still, just this time without a 3rd sister. Her daughter was also not in the story yet.
- This idea was also scrapped and the story was changed once again where Kisandra would have supposedly died at the end of Soulcalibur IV but return for Soulcalibur V. Still without a daughter.
- The story was changed yet again to the current story where Kisandra dies and does not return for Soulcalibur V and instead is replaced by her daughter Klymene.
- Kisandra does have a model that was made for Soulcalibur V.
- Kisandra and Kilina share the same stages in Soulcalibur III and Soulcalibur IV.
- It was revealed in Soulcalibur Astral Swords that Kisandra never actually died at the end of Soulcalibur IV and instead was transported to Utopia of the Blessed by Elysium, thus saving her life.
- Although she actually becomes an enemy of Elysium as she would not let Kisandra leave and basically kept her prisoner.
- In Soulcalibur Astral Swords Kisandra does not wear a choker in her 1P costume. This is a first as she has always had a choker since her first appearance in Soulcalibur III.
- Kisandra's appearance in Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light is based on her appearance from Koei's Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires.
- Kisandra shares the same voice actress (Stephanie Shea) as her sister in both Soulcalibur Astral Swords and Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light.
- Kisandra looks a lot younger than her actual age in Soulcalibur Astral Swords and Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light as the time spent in Utopia of the Blessed made her physically age slower.
- Kisandra taught herself to use a Bow, however she uses her Sword & Shield more frequently.
- Kisandra's sister Kilina was thought to be dead at the end of Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light, however she was shown to be alive in Soulcalibur: The Spirit Lineage still malfested as Kilina Ω. Kisandra does not know she is alive however.
Appearances in Soul series
Appearances in Fan series
- Soulcalibur Astral Swords (Playable)
- This game takes place immediately after the events of Soulcalibur V.
- Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light (Playable)
- Soulcalibur: The Spirit Lineage (Cameo)
- This game was created by LightningSakura.
- Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny (Playable)
Appearances in other MediaKisandra also appears in Koei's game Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires where she helps end the battle of The Three Kingdoms working alongside many other warriors. Her appearance in this game is very different from her appearances in the Soul series.
|Main characters from JaseyJasee|
|Astra | Celestial | Kilina (Kilina Ω) | Kisandra | Klymene | Millicent | Stellar|