Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Calm yourself. Control yourself. "
- — Jessie, in Soulcalibur IV
Note: DO NOT TOUCH AT ALL TIMES. YOU MAY READ, BUT DO NOT TAMPER AT ALL, OR IT WILL END YOU UP BEING REPORTED!!!!
Jessie Parnell-Linghun (久美子蕗山猿渡, Kumiko Fukiyama Saruwatari) is a fictional character who's first appearance was in Soulcalibur. She was referred to as "Daughter of the South Seas Dandy and the Partial Shadow of Demon Sealing" (娘の南洋ダンディと封魔の朧影, Musume no nan'yō dandi to fū ma no oborokage) in Soulcalibur. In Soulcalibur II, she was known as "Second Generation of a Leader" (院内総務二世代, In'naisōmu futasedai). In Soulcalibur III, Jessie was known as Mysterious Warrior of the Future (未来神秘的な戦士, Mirai shinpi-tekina senshi) in Soulcalibur IV, Jessie was known as Futuristic Leading Teenager (未来的十代の指導者, Mirai-teki jūdai no shidō-sha).
What lie in her soul are Honor, Retribution, and Honesty
She is referred as A Mother who Travels through Time
Jessie is an effective leader when it comes to her team, she is friendly, nurturing, and sometimes, a source of comic relief. She is shy, because of the fact that she has the power of both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur inside of her, and she's afraid to hurt someone. Jessie has a hint of curiosity inside of her, because she is figuring out a way to control her good and evil powers. She is very intellectual and has the resolve to finish what she started, even if she has to put off her previous duty.
Ever since her debut in Soulcalibur, Jessie's 1P and 2P outfits consisted of either kimonos or chinese dresses. And because her primary color was blue, there would always be some shade of blue on her outfit. She also appeared to be a preteen. In Soulcalibur II, Jessie's hair is much shorter, and she dons a navy blue greek goddess outfit. Jessie often wears either a headdress or headbands. The greek goddess outfit repeats in Soulcalibur III, but she trades the greek goddess outfit for a tough-girl outfit in Soulcalibur IV, with a sleveless sky-blue leather shirt, a pleated skirt with a white stripe, socks and shoes, a scarf and shoulder pads. Soulcalibur V saw the reappearance of the kimono on Jessie. She appears this time with a blue rose in her hair, which is now in a chignon bun. Her Player 2 outfit is somewhat of a ninja. In Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, Jessie mimics both Amy and Cassandra by way of outfit and hair. Her outfit is the blue colored version of Amy's 1P and 2P outfit and Jessie wears her hair in a ponytail with a yellow ribbon. However, she also wears a tiara, colored blue. She always wears glasses, because of an eye defect.
Jessie was born as the only child of Teenage parents. When she was 8, the evil seed rained upon the Ryukyu Kingdom. Jessie, among others, was affected by it but this gave her cursed powers. However, she had a heart too pure to give in to it. The only thing she was able to do was to control it. When her mother returned from her first journey, she discovered the house dark, Jessie fearing for her life, and her father gone. They found him, unconscious, beaten by his father, Keito. They also found his mother, murdered by his hands. The only thing they could do then was give her a proper burial. However, it would be days before Jessie's father woke up. She cursed her own power and blamed it on a certain sword her mother found during her journey. She held back if she touched someone. She ended up killing up her grandfather at age 9 by stabbing him with his own sword. She was under the influence of the sword. Jessie found salvation by her uncle, Kyam, who helped her parents protect her. However, she ventured outside of her home, and was forcibly abducted by a Spanish pirate. He held her captive for 13 days. He said some words that buzzed in her head: "I'll be back for you when you're 20!" On the thirteenth day of her captivity, her mother found her, defeated the pirate, and rescued her. When she returned home, she could could no longer keep her calm...
Now that Jessie found that she had the power of Soul Edge inside of her, the only thing her parents could do was to train her to use it properly. By age 10, her fighting skills came to be proficient, but she was still not ready to go into the battlefield, yet. She had another 4 years to brush up on her training. But one day, rumor reached the Ryukyu Kingdom of another sword. They called it "Soul Calibur". It was a spirit sword, said to possess the powers of good. Jessie's parents knew that she possessed the powers of evil. A month went by when Jessie was given permission to travel with her father to India. She met his crew while on board.She became closer to Kyam, her uncle, thinking of him as a role model. When they landed in India, they met a man named Kilik. When they were making preparations to head back to the Ryukyu Kingdom, a hoard of demons appeared, and started to attack the crew. Jessie attempted to use her powers, to defend her father and his new friend, but they were knocked unconscious by one of the demons. When they awoke, most of the crew on her father's ship were either dead or missing. Jessie couldn't find Kyam anywhere. But the worst had come. Her uncle was probably killed. After a search party failed to find him, and the dead were buried, Jessie felt responsible for the tragedies that occured. At night, Jessie donned her battle kimono, took her hair down, and stole her parents weapons. She got on her horse, and rode to battle.
Jessie was killed by Soul Edge over 400 years ago. She was reborn in 1996 to a family in Colorado. However, she has no memories of who she was in her previous life. In her new life, she has a larger family, starting off with three older sisters. When she was 8, she discovered she had strange powers, both over good and evil. A hint of curiosity came along with the discovery. After starting 5th grade, Jessie was able to control her powers, depending on the mood. Her parents had divorced at the time, and her father had legal custody of her and one of her older sisters. She often showed her friends her powers, and what she can do with it. But still, she needed to know more. After finishing the 5th grade, she was spending time with one of her friends at the elementary school she went to, and fell into a hole. When Jessie awoke, she found herself at what she thought to be the Arkansas River.
She didn't know it, but it was not the Arkansas River she was at but, in fact, this was the Pampanga River in The Visayan Islands, what she knew as The Philippines. She saw an unconscious man, drifting along the river rush. She didn't know what to do...she jumped into the river, and held on to him. She could not help but ponder why he was there.
After Jessie and the unconscious man fell from a waterfall, she swam to the riverbank, where she found what seemed to be a village, inhabited by a people who research supernatural forces. She found a village master, a woman named Bagayna, who told her that the powers she possessed were of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. She found an inn, where she kept the man safe. When Jessie stepped out for the first time since finding herself here, she happened to come across a female ninja, who was searching for her husband. Little did she know that the ninja's husband was the unconscious man. Jessie had to call her dad, but no signal. She asked the ninja where she was. When she found out she was in the year 1587, she felt the need to blend in with the villagers, until they found a way to return her to her own time.
Drifting in and out of sleep for days, Jessie was worried. The man may be dead. The next morning, Bagayna asked her to bring the man out to the medicine man. Surrounded by Jessie, the woman, Bagayna, and the medicine man, the man awoke. Jessie was relieved by this. She helped the man limp back to her inn. Jessie explained that she was from the future, from the year 2008, and needed to know more of the powers she possessed, and to return to her own time.
"I can't thank you enough for saving my life..." The man said, giving Jessie a rapier he recieved from his travels. He knew of the powers she possessed and thought of someone like her. She was never able to catch his name.
In time, Jessie was able to return to her familiar time period. When she reunited with her father and sisters, her father told her she had been gone for almost a month, and she told them of the knowledge she had of her powers. Now she must find out about Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. By start of 6th grade, the information given to her in class was not enough. She needed to know more in order to fully understand her powers. So she invited her five school friends and two younger friends to come along with her. Jessie used her powers to create weapons for her friends, brought her own weapons, and used part of her power to travel through time. When she and her friends landed, they found themselves in the year 1591. There, Jessie found the man she rescued. One of her friends, Andrew, decided it to be funny to take the man's weapon. When he grabbed a hold of it, Jessie attempted to stop him, using her powers, but the burst landed on the man. When he turned around, the man attacked Andrew with his nunchuks. He needed hospitalization, but Jessie also had the ability to heal someone as well. She used her powers to help him recover... but she had found that Andrew has lost the memories of only his family. Angry with the man for attacking her childhood friend, Jessie had vowed revenge on him, and her friends went along with her. His actions made Jessie sick, and she needed to deal with him.
Jessie was finally able to defeat the man. After she used her shield to knock him in the head, she returned home. However, after Thanksgiving 2009, Jessie, again, encountered Soul Edge, by way of her powers. She left immediately, the weekend after school resumed. Her friends, as usual, tagged along with her. When they arrived at their first destination, The Ling-Sheng Su Temple in China, Jessie and her friends met up with Kilik and Xianghua.
In a private conversation, Xianghua mentioned to Jessie another name. She was a ninja from the Fu-Ma Clan in Japan. Jessie remembered that very ninja on her first trip to the past, after saving the man from the river rush over a year ago. Xianghua revealed the man she saved was named "Maxi", and he lost the memories of her and Kilik, but somehow kept the memories of the girl who saved him and his ninja wife.
However, after the blows to their heads by her shield, the only thing Maxi could remember was his chase after Astaroth and Taki could only remember her impending battle with her former master, Toki, who had become insane, after his obsession with Soul Edge.
However, it seemed as though Xianghua and Kilik were hiding something from her... something that could lead to how her time key came to be. Upon asking, Xianghua and Kilik just backed away from the issue. If she was gonna get answers about her pendant, Jessie needed to bring the memories of her enemies back, herself. However, she and her team needed to hunt for them.
Jessie succeeded in returning the memories of her rivals in the last battle, but upon seeing her face, both of them ran, and her sword and shield had Soul Edge embedded in it. Jessie grew more suspcious, but her suspicions needed to wait, because she was going back home to finish 7th grade. By July 2010, 2 months after school had ended, Jessie and her friends returned to the past, once again reuniting with Xianghua and Kilik. The look on Jessie's face brought a concern for Xianghua, somebody she could confide in the most. The first words Jessie said to Kilik and Xianghua were: "Look, I'm not angry with you. Please, just tell me about how my time key came about."
Xianghua couldn't hide it anymore. She and Kilik decided it was best for them to tell the truth.
"Jessie. The man you saved, and the ninja who was with you two...are your biological parents." Kilik uttered.
Everybody, including Jessie was astonished. Emotions nearly welled up as she remembered battling them. Xianghua and Kilik vowed to help Jessie through a difficult journey. Her friends went along as well, for support.
However, whenever Jessie was alone, she would sit to herself and cry, knowing that if they are her biological parents, it would mean either hurting or killing them, and she didn't want to do that.
But, this was something she had to face, after these last 2 years... and she decided to do it with courage ahead of her.
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
Jessie appears in extra chapter 35, tending to Maxi after the events of chapter 24.
During her journey, the memories of her past life returned to Jessie. She stopped her journey to return to her original home, much to her other father's dismay.
After things were settled back in her original home, she watched her father's humanity gradually slip away. By age 16, afraid for her father's life, Jessie isolated herself in her chamber, until her betrothed died in an plane crash, in which she grieved for days. Perhaps sensing Soul Edge and Soul Calibur's presence inside her, she called upon Edge Master, after an incident when her father briefly transformed into a demon and attacked her and her mother. After this, she had to use her powers of Soul Calibur to return him to normal.
Jessie bade Edge Master to listen: Maxi is slowly losing his sanity, and as a result, could kill his family, with one strike. She begged him to teach Maxi to live with Soul Edge in his body. In time, he was able to suppress the influence, and his and his wife's bodies stopped aging.
This did not stop Jessie from starting a new life. During her junior year of high school, she met a foreign exchange student from China named Huoyan Linghun. They fell in love after three weeks at her school. Normally, the exchange program wouldn't allow it, but thanks to Jessie and her older sisters from the future, he was able to immigrate to the United States. He was even accepting of the time period she came from. A month later, he proposed to her.
After graduating from high school, they were married in an Imperial Ryukyuan Ceremony. Jessie found out she was pregnant by age 19. She was soon approaching her 20th birthday, and she remembered Cervantes's words when he abducted her: "I'll be back for you when you're 20!"
In fear, Jessie secluded herself and her unborn child. What she didn't know was that Ivy defeated him almost 5 years before and he was swallowed by a rift created by Soul Edge. After being informed of the event, Jessie gave birth 2 months later, to Marina. Years passed, and Jessie raised Marina with the values of a fighter, just like her, and her parents before her.
One night, Jessie heard a scream come from Marina's room. As she rushed there, she found that her daughter had been kidnapped. The next morning, her husband was gone, and she went into her parents' bedroom, and they were gone as well. She got a call during the day, demanding a ransom for her family's safe return. The person demanding the ransom was under the influence of Soul Edge. Jessie thought she was safe from Soul Edge after regaining her memories 17 years ago, but kidnapping an entire family, while under the influence of the evil sword, just went way too far.
Jessie bid her staff and guards farewell as she rode her horse into the night, in search of her family.
Like Taki, Jessie moves are unpredictable and deceptive, acrobatic and difficult to defend against. She can also use fast kicks that can knock the opponent down, like Maxi. However, she has a very low chance of ringing her self out when she is on the edge of the arena. The fighting skills show with the various weapon styles she switches. She can use a ninja kodachi + nunchaku to her advantage, Her sword skills while using a rapier and a shield can be deceptive to the opponent. Also, her powers over Soul Edge and Soul Calibur are very effective in battle, either long or short-ranged. Jessie is regarded as a high-tier character because of her speedy attacks, but also, her attention to location.
Powers Combine: In Jessie's Critical Finish, she strikes the opponent with Kagekiri once, then strikes them with Soul Edge. The oppenent is then, thrown by a palm strike, in which Jessie then grows a pair of wings, each wing symbolizing both powers. She then clones herself, and using both powers of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, flies up, cries out "Let My Powers Combine!", and delivers a fatal slash to the opponent, ending the fight.
Burst of Swords: Jessie pulls out both of her Kagekiri kodachi, delivers a slash to her opponent, and from her palms, uses a burst of both powers to strike the opponent.
Jessie had returned to Shuri after defeating Soul Edge, but unknown to her, Soul Edge was still alive...and around
Jessie: Father, I...
Maxi: I know...you did what you had to do
Her friends were killed by Soul Edge while she was gone... She was going to destroy what gave her her powers
After Jessie used the last of her power to destroy Soul Edge on the inside, she fell with a thud.
It seemed that defeating Soul Edge came with a very heavy price: Her own life.
Taki and Maxi ran out to their lifeless child. Her mother brought out a pendant that could be the last thing they could see of her.
Taki: I can't let it end this way. I don't want to see her as lifeless as she is.
Jessie's parents lifted up her head, and put the very pendant on her neck. Light wrapped around her...
Maxi, her father, watched as she faded away, her voice seemed to softly utter, "Perhaps we'll meet again..."
Jessie had defeated Inferno with the powers of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur inside of her.
She fully understood the powers she possessed. Then, using the rapier she got from her previous trip, she pierced through Soul Edge's eye.
"Now, it's over..." She whispered to herself, as she collected her friends and used the pendant she got to return home to their familiar time.
When she returned home to Colorado, she felt that using her powers was the right thing, and smiled.
Jessie is sitting at the ledge of the Indian Port, remembering the battles that took place, and sighs. Taki walks to her and she apologizes for her and Maxi's actions.
In anger, Jessie chastises Taki for her and Maxi stalking her and her friends, even calling Maxi "worthless" in the process. Watching the argument, Kilik and Xianghua step in to calm things down. Jessie holds her time key and creates a portal to head back to the future. After bidding Kilik and Xianghua "goodbye", Jessie jumps into the portal and returns to the future.
Jessie stands up. Looking at the ocean, she begins to sob. She then says "Taki, I was the one who knocked away your memories. Please, I...". Taki says "I know. But the truth will have to wait. For now, lets go find Maxi." The screen turns black and after the next scene is loaded, Maxi, Neiko, Morgan, Andrew, Kilik, and Xianghua are waiting for Jessie and Taki's return. Jessie calls out Xianghua's name, and the two girls run and hug each other. Andrew walks to them, saying "Jessie, I...I didn't know you saved this man." Jessie, then, says "I'm sorry, too. I was being too rash about my attack. Now, let's go. There's someone you all should meet." The 8 travelers walk to a portal leading them to the future.
The ending scene begins with Maxi saying to his three injured friends "I mean really, who's going to stop me after I defeat that monster with this evil sword?" Maxi picks up Soul Edge and feels the power enter his body. "Let's go, you freak!" Maxi yells as he charges towards Astaroth. However, Xianghua, still on the ground, watching the charge, stands up, helping Taki in the process, hopes for Jessie to stop him. While charging at Astaroth, Jessie leaps down from one of the pillars, kills Astaroth with one strike, then leaps up, shouting "I'm gonna stop you!" and pierces through Soul Edge, effectively destroying it, and shooting Maxi backwards, into Taki's arms. When Jessie lands on her feet, she faces her friends, and the memories of her past life come rushing back to her. She runs to the unconscious Maxi, who is still in Taki's arms, kneels and shakes his shoulders, in an attempt to wake him up. "Father? Father?! No, please...please, don't go." Jessie says, in panic. She then lowers her head until Maxi wakes up. "Father...?" After a reuniting hug, Jessie and her parents, Kilik and Xianghua walk away from the tower. The screen fades to white. Jessie's voice is heard saying softly, "Now everything has been restored...to the way it should be."
The text-only epilogue states this: "After her memories were restored, Jessie returned to her familiar surroundings once lost."
Emperor's Garden (SC)
(Note: This is Jessie's Primary Stage in her 1P and 2P costumes)
This grand garden was designed to be the Ming Emperor's summer home. It made perfect use of the natural landscape giving visitors the beautiful scenery of the four seasons. During one of Jessie's travels, she was somehow permitted to enter the Palace, and met Chai Xianghua along the way.
Shrine of Eurydice (SC)
(Note: This is Jessie's primary stage in her 3P costume)
The gods constructed a circular shrine atop a great sacred mountain. Legends say the gods created this shrine to defy themselves. As if to prove this legend, the path to the shrine was a cascade of giant stairs that human feet could never step upon. "If the gods do not wish us to enter the shrine of legend then we shall construct a second shrine for them to come to us." Therefore, this second shrine stood next to the mountain. All who visited the shrine surrounded by clouds and divine light felt as if they were floating in air. What could have been the hopes and bows of people standing on this shrine looking at the circular shrine of legend in the distance?
Eurydice Shrine Gallery (SCII)
(Note: In the Arcade Version, Jessie's theme is Tekken 2's Ecological Fighter.) This shrine is built high up a snow-covered mountain that is as beautiful as it is harsh. The scale of this temple is such that it is easy to believe that Olympian gods once dwelt in this place. Legends say Hephaestus, the God of fire and forge, built the main shrine on top of the summit. This is evidenced by the stairway that leads up to the shrine - the enormous steps are impossible for mortals to climb. Humans built this gallery around the giant stairway for their priests' use. In one corner of this meticulously built gallery is the place where a blacksmith couple gave an offering of a sword and a shield to Hephaestus. The arms have disappeared from the altar, however. Who could have taken them?
Jyurakudai Villa (SCIII)
"The blossoms of the cherry tree already fall like snow. What more can the wind ask of them?"
-Ohshikouchi no Mitsune
This poem, recited in lament of the sight of fleeting cherry blossoms as they wilt away, comes from a bygone age of flowery aristocratic culture, when the capital city of Kyoto was once called "Heiankyo," meaning "capital of peace."
Time has since passed, and the world is now one of warriors. The land is ruled by Toyotomi Hideyoshi. The dazzling Azuchi-Momoyama era is in full bloom.
Hideyoshi built his great citadel upon the remains of the imperial palace. This villa, too, with its fusion of the extravagant style of the time with the traditional beauty of the cherry blossom, parents an imposing grandeur which invites spectators into a dream-like world.
This mansion stands as a symbol of Toyotomi's power, yet it will face destruction within a mere ten years. The cherry trees, perhaps foreseeing its fate, perhaps not, continue to silently shed their petals into the wind...
Sailor's Rest (SCIV)
A stage similar to Cervantes's Soulcalibur III stage except it has a day time setting and no storm.
Same as in Soulcalibur III and Soulcalibur IV, except that the stage is set in autumn.
The stage is set in Luoyang, China during a well lit grand festival with several circus artists and Chinese lion dancers in the background. This festival takes place to honor the hero, Guan Yu.
- Okay, I'm ready...
- I won't back down.
- I ran away....to find my uncle.
- He's gone... he'll never come back.
- I will never forget you.
- I'm Sorry.
- Okay...I won.
- Please, no more!
- I cannot lose!
- I know this isn't like me, Father, but I must do what's right. - In Jessie's Arcade Mode to Maxi
- I'm sorry, Father, I'll try my best to defeat the enemy, I will return. - After defeating Maxi
- This is the end of my journey, my dear family, I will return. - After defeating Inferno
- Okay, here we go.
- Are you ready for this?
- I'm sorry, but I can't back down...
- Don't worry, Jessie...believe in yourself...
- Calm down, Jessie...okay.
- I don't want to fight...It's not in my nature...
- If this is what you want, it's gonna hurt me more than it's gonna hurt you.
- Please...don't worry...
- Hephaestus, protect me...
- Too bad the teachers didn't give me enough information...that sucks!
- If you want to fight, then fight!
- You're full of nothing...
- Okay...I won...
- I'm sorry...I may have overdid it.
- All I need is to be complete...
- Okay...I've seen enough...
- Hephaestus, protect my friends!
- That sword is dangerous...It'll only lead you down the wrong path. - To Maxi, in her destined battle.
- No...I won't let you go on! - After defeating Maxi
- You're not gonna leave this place! - To Inferno
- This is the end of my journey...I'm coming home. - After defeating Inferno
- Stop it!
- I'm so sorry!
- Are you okay?
- What? No!
- I lost? How could I lose?
- I failed...I'm sorry!
- Move, I'm in a hurry!
- I have no time for games...so shut up...
- I'm not gonna fight...
- You're about to piss me off...
- Leave...before you get your face kicked in.
- Why are you still here?
- Can I help you?
- This is annoying.
- What is the point of battling someone for a sword?
- Get ready, because it'll be over before you know it.
- Please, can't we settle this another way?
- Yo, what's the matter...pissed cause ya lost?
- Nobody's gonna lay a finger on me or my weapon!
- How pathetic...get the hell out of my sight...
- I love my friends and family... I can't bear to see them hurt...
- What the hell do you want? Money?
- I can't believe I'm helping my enemy. This is too damn strange. - To Maxi, in her destined battle
- By the way, you're welcome! You better appreciate it. - After defeating Maxi
- Let's Go!
- I don't think you're strong enough. - Taunt
- Damn it! I lost!
- There's no reason to fight.
- Please listen. Soul Edge is very dangerous to handle.
- Leave this place. You've been warned.
- This could be my only chance to understand...
- When I beat you, you must never come back.
- Nobody is gonna stand in my way.
- The only thing I need to hold on to...is my sanity.
- Please, do we have to fight?
- I don't want to mess this up. Please leave.
- If I want to resolve this, then I have to fight to the end.
- No, I can't turn back now...
- I have to deal with this. Turn back!
- Go home, I'm only trying to protect people.
- Come at me with everything you've got.
- An emptiness brought on by lack of truth.
- Go home. Your purpose is not here.
- You were not meant to win.
- I told you to leave. You should have listened.
- You just don't listen, do you?
- Nothing good ever comes from fighting.
- I hope you are okay. Go home and make a full recovery.
- Now, you know what it feels like to lose.
- Please try not to move. Your wounds look pretty bad.
- You brought this upon yourself. Now, leave.
- Calm yourself. Control yourself.
- I won...this is only a step forward to the truth.
- I...I will protect my family...whomever they may be.
- I bid you be fully healed.
- This is the hardest battle I have to put you through. - To Xianghua, during Story Mode
- Oh my god! No, I didn't...? - After defeating Xianghua and Kilik in Story Mode
- I really do hope this ends well. - To Cassandra, during Story Mode.
- Don't worry, I know this situation will get better. - After defeating Cassandra in Story Mode.
- So, you're the man I saved and my father? - To Maxi, during Story Mode.
- I gotta find a way to make this up to you two. I'm sorry for not realizing this. - After defeating Maxi and Taki in Story Mode
- You! You're the one responsible for all of this! - To Nightmare, during Story Mode
- Now, I'm gonna destroy this sword, once and for all. - After defeating Nightmare in Story Mode
- Please, stop!
- I'm sorry!
- Forgive me!
- I must...
- Time to go!
- Be grateful!
- Rise up!
- Well done!
- Is this, where my journey ends? - When she loses
- Please, pay attention. - regular taunt
- I can't live like this, anymore. - Taunt, when fighting Xianghua, Kilik, or Cassandra
- You did this to me! - Taunt, when fighting Nightmare
- I'm just trying to protect you! - Taunt, when fighting Taki or Maxi
- Okay. If this is what you want.
- I can't let you pass through.
- My family is my only goal, at the moment.
- There had better be an explanation for the damage that's been done. - Spoken when fighting Natsu or Leixia
- I want you two to stay with Marina. - Spoken when defeating Natsu or Leixia
- Marina, how did you make it out, alive? - Spoken when fighting Marina
- Marina, I want you to go home and stay there. I know what happened. - Spoken when defeating Marina
- It's not safe anymore.
- Patroklos...Is that you? - Spoken when fighting Patroklos
- I remember you as a little baby. - Spoken when defeating Patroklos
- Don't get ahead of yourself, father. - Spoken when fighting Maxi
- Please, leave Kilik to me, and go home. - Spoken when defeating Maxi.
- It's been a while. - Spoken when fighting Kilik
- Hey, let me help you up, my friend. - Spoken when defeating Kilik
- Are you hungry, again? - Spoken when fighting Xiba
- Ha ha ha! You have quite the appetite, kid. - Spoken when defeating Xiba
- I almost lost my way.
- I will...no longer run!.
- What is this? - Spoken when hit by a tremor
- Sophitia, is that you? - Spoken when fighting Elysium
- So, you're Soul Calibur? - Spoken when defeating Elysium
- Stay calm. You're doing this for your family.
- Andrew, I thought you were dead... - Spoken when fighting Iblis
- The embodiment of Soul Edge becomes you... I should have known. - Spoken when defeating Iblis
- Son of a...!! - spoken when ring out
- No! - spoken when ring out again
- Impossible! - Spoken after being defeated by Nightmare, Tira, Raphael, or Astaroth
- A-holes! - Spoken after being defeated by Leixia, Natsu, or Xiba
- What? - Spoken after being defeated by Marina or Maxi
- Forgive me!
- Show them what for, Amaterasu! Demon, begone! - Spoken during Critical Edge
- Thank you!
- This is where my journey ends... - when defeated by Time Up
- I wasn't strong enough. - Spoken after she is defeated
- Jessie shares physical similarities with both Nina Williams and Jun Kazama from the Tekken series, and Elsa from the Disney movie "Frozen"
- In Soulcalibur II, Jessie's hair was a lot shorter than in Soulcalibur, this repeated in Soulcalibur IV when Jessie cut her hair 2 inches shorter, and in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, Jessie cuts it down to her neck, sporting a boyish haircut.
- Jessie is a fan of Eminem, Johnny Knoxville, Delta Heavy, Kanon Wakeshima, and any of the Jackass crew.
- Before the events of Soulcalibur II, she was only known as "Jessie".
- Jessie, at 6'1", is the tallest female character in the Soul Series, as measured in Soulcalibur V.
- Since she was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at age 2, Jessie is the only autistic character in the series.
- Since the Spanish Version of Soulcalibur III depicts Maxi as a girl, Jessie is known as the younger sister of both Taki and Maxi.
- Jessie's favorite color is blue, period. She states that any shade of blue looks terrific on her.
- As seen in her Soulcalibur V artwork, Jessie is wearing her wedding ring. In the game, the ring is missing, however.
- Circumstances as to how Jessie knew Kilik and Xianghua in Soulcalibur III, are unknown. She had been reborn before the events of Soulcalibur III. One theory was that Jessie met the pair during the events of Soulcalibur II, but this theory remains to be seen.
- It is unknown if Maxi knew the girl who saved him was Jessie, or if she was just a long-standing illusion of her, before the events of Soulcalibur II.
- In the Soulcalibur IV drawings, Jessie's glasses are square wire-rimmed. However, in the game, they appear rounder. By Soulcalibur V, her glasses appear in the correct shape and size.
- Depending on what time period she's in, Jessie is chronologically 15 by Soulcalibur II, but if she is in the future, she is 12-14 years old, depending on what year.
- Before the events of Soulcalibur V, Taki and Maxi stopped aging, but Jessie didn't seem to. However, because of the influence of both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur inside of her, there is foreshadowing that aging may stop later on.
- Strangely, Jessie's hair is bit lighter shade of brown than her parents, however, had she not had these powers, it would have been black.
- Jessie is one of two charcters, beside Algol, to possess powers of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.
- Jessie, symbolically, speaks 3 languages, English, Ryukyuan, and Japanese.
- Jessie is the only character to switch weapon types more than once.
- Daughter and only child of Taki and Maxi.
- Unknowingly rescued, later loathed Maxi prior to Soulcalibur II.
- Friend of Cassandra, Kilik, and Xianghua.
- Grand-daughter of Toki.
- Niece of Kyam.
- Abducted by Cervantes when she was 9.
- Mother of Marina
- Wife of Huoyan Linghun
- Mentor to Leixia, Maria-Sophitia, Xiba, Hilde's kids, and Natsu