The Evil Seed was an event depicted in Soulcalibur Legends and the Soulcalibur opening sequence, where a bright beam of light shot into the sky from Soul Edge after it accepted Siegfried as its rightful owner.
- A French noble went mad and attacked fellow nobleman Raphael Sorel, only to be killed as Raphael defended himself.
- Aeon Calcos, then still human, went mad and slaughtered an entire village of people.
- Gel-o-Fury, a demon, broke free of his imprisonment in the Bamboo Shrine of Ōmi Province.
- The Grand Labyrinth where Olcadan was imprisoned was opened.
- Hilde's father, the king of Wolfkrone, went insane.
- Monks of the Ling Sheng-Su temple went mad and started killing each other. Kilik was the only survivor, thanks to the sacrifice of his adopted sister Xianglian.
- Talim fell into a coma for a number of days.
- The literal translation of 'Evil Seed' from the original Japanese term is 'Evil Sperm'.