Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I have... absolutely no intention of dying here."
- — Chester
Chester (チェスター Chesutā?) is a fictional character in Namco's Soul series of fighting games. He appears in Soulcalibur III's side-quest mode Chronicles of the Sword as one of the player's enemies. He's also an unlockable Bonus Character in the main game. He represents the "Dagger" Create-a-Fighter discipline.
Chester is portrayed as a man without desires or goals. Everything he achieves is meaningless to him, turning into nothing seconds after having obtained it. He feels he's alive only on critical moments, those when his life is on the line, but even then its unfulfilling at the end.
During one day he was travelling inside a war-stricken town, he spotted a girl with a doll and remembered his younger days and how he enjoyed playing with dolls. At that moment, he thought on playing at a large scale, using the kingdoms and their leaders as tokens of his own game.
He started his plans convincing the younger member of the Halteese's Royal family, Demuth, to rebel and form a kingdom of his own. He then worked as advisor for Dalkia's queen while serving Demuth as Prime Minister. Chester moved the pieces, assuring Maletta's growing into an independent kingdom while diverting Dalkia's attention towards Grandall. When the time was right, Chester backstabbed Demuth and seized Maletta as his own, but his plans were ultimately foiled by the apparition of the player, who defeated all his units and Chester himself on Chronicle 10.
A year later, Chester appeared as emperor Strife's advisor and tactician, helping him taking care of the player. Even though Chester planned various officers to kill him, the player defeats every enemy and finally confronts and defeats Chester at Grandall's capital, Parousia, at Chronicle 19. It's unknown whether he was killed or just arrested.
Romanian Valley - Castle Siege (in chronicle 3)
Lost Cathedral (in chronicle 10)
Lost Cathedral - Ruin (in chronicle 19)
- How absolutely laughable.
- What happened to your earlier enthusiasm?
- The weaker they are, the louder they bark.
- I like your cries.
- Take... This!
- That look suits you.
- I have... absolutely no intention of dying here.
- All right, all right...
- He he... Surprised? Well, it's just as you see. I must protect this country.
- I had this brilliant plan of pitting Grandall and Dalkia against one another, and then rise to power during the resulting chaos, but... because of your unexpected meddling, my plan is in ruins.
- You will pay dearly for this.
- You're irritating
- Go ahead and die!
- You're not going anywhere!
- How about this?!
- You can tell the story of this day in the afterlife. This day when (the player's/Cadet's) forces were wiped out!
- You are puppets for my amusement. Who ever heard of puppets acting of their own free will? -- Chronicle 19
- Yes...that's it. That's the face I like to see. There's nothing I enjoy more than to see the anguish on your face! --Chronicle 19
- It's been a long year, friend. Having to curry favor with that fool of an emperor has really gotten on my nerves. But that, too, ends today. I finally have the opportunity to crush you! --Chronicle 19
- What...? Is it over...already? Good grief. --After his defeat in Chronicle 19 (At the End of the Beginning)
- "If a prerequisite of desire was purpose and motive, then it could be said that I was a person without desire. If pleasure was defined as an emotion charged by desire, then I might be a person who cannot feel pleasure." --One of many of his personal thoughts.
- Chester's entire costume is made from Create-a-Fighter parts. He has no original parts or features.
- Strangely, Chester is referred to as 'King Chester' in the Chronicles of the Sword Opening. This could just be a reference to his short rule over Maletta after betraying Demuth.
- In Chronicles of the Sword, Chester is the boss in Chronicles 3, 10, and 19.
- Based on Chester's words after falling to the Cadet's forces in Chronicle 19, he was most likely captured and arrested, but because he does not appear in Chronicle 20 or the ending, he may have been killed in battle or he may have escaped. If he escaped, he abandoned his plan of seizing power.
- In Chronicle 3, Chester's name is ????, but he's still easily recognizable.
- Chester is one of a few characters in Chronicles of the Sword to have their hair color changed while wearing a second costume. Curiously, Chester loses his scar in this second costume (Probably due to his scar being replaced with a monocle, in character creation).
- Chester switches sides in Chronicles of the Sword, being that he switches from being a Brigand Leader, to Malettan Officer, to a Grandall Officer.
- Chester, along with Luna, are the only characters in Chronicles of the Sword to have their birthplace unknown. It is possible that he hails from Dalkia, as his 1P costume features yellow and white; the same colors on the Dalkia flag.
- Chester can be seen in the Chronicles of the Sword opening movie in the background blackened.
- Chester's Destined Battle during Quick Play is Raphael Sorel.
- Chester's job in Chronicle 3 and 10 is a Thief, while in Chronicle 19, he's a Sword Master.
- Chester and Luna are the only Chronicles of the sword bonus character that their fullname remain unknown.
- There is another Namco character named Chester, that's Chester Barklight, from Tales of Phantasia, although they are not the same character.
- The Dagger discipline is also one of few custom disciplines which feature moves from Tekken. The move in question is Heihachi's Shadow Step.
- Chester resembles Claudio Seraphino from Tekken 7.
|Bonus characters in the Soul series|
|Soulcalibur II||Lizardman • Assassin • Berserker|
|Soulcalibur III||Abelia • Arthur • Aurelia • Revenant • Greed • Miser • Valeria • Hualin • Lynette • Girardot • Luna • Demuth • Chester • Strife|
|Soulcalibur IV||Angol Fear • Scheherazade • Shura • Ashlotte • Kamikirimusi|