Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Azola (アゾーラ, Azōra) is a minor character in the Soul series of fighting games. She was a discarded name and design for Sophitia's alternate outfit in Soul Edge and returned as a minor playable story mode only character in Soulcalibur IV.
Nothing is known about her life before becoming a servant of the Soul Edge. When Ivy meets her in the beginning of her own journey in Soulcalibur IV, she tells Azola that her soul has been infected by evil.
Sophitia met Azola when she traveled to Ostrheinsburg Castle in order to destroy the cursed sword. Azola appeared as if out of nowhere and her words convinced Sophitia that she needed to protect Soul Edge in order to sustain the life of her daughter, Pyrrha.
Azola is often seen accompanying Sophitia during the events of Soulcalibur IV and fighting alongside Nightmare's minions in the surroundings of the Ostrheinsburg Castle. However, even if fighting alongside each other due to the circumstances, Sophitia bears a grudge against her.
In Sophitia's Soulcalibur IV story, Azola makes her only playable appearance, fighting alongside Sophitia. However, after they defeat Hilde and her royal guards together in the surroundings of the Ostrheinsburg Castle, in the first stage of Sophitia's Story Mode, Sophitia kills Azola with her own two hands.
In Maxi's story, Azola fights alongside Sophitia, Voldo and a Shadow against Maxi to stop him from entering into the Ostrheinsburg Castle, but they all lose against him. In one of the possible stories for Custom Characters, Azola fights alongside Sophitia to stop Maxi and the main character from going into the castle, but they're defeated easily enough by the party, who remains strong enough to defeat Mitsurugi right afterwards.
In Setsuka's Soulcalibur IV story, Azola, Durer and Solnhofen attack her in the Ostrheinsburg Castle's surroundings, after she finally managed to have her vengeance against Mitsurugi, but they're all defeated by her. In Mitsurugi's story, the same group faces Mitsurugi himself in the Ostrheinsburg Castle Throne Room, only to be defeated by him, who still had enough energy afterwards to take on Taki.
In Cassandra's Soulcalibur IV story, after the chaos created by Algol's awakening, Durer and Azola stand by Sophitia's side when she becomes the new host of the Soul Edge, but they eventually fall before a furious Cassandra.
Azola survived the events of Soulcalibur IV, and appears to continue to serve under Tira. She seems to hold some level of empathy toward Tira.
Her few quotes show her to be a ruthless warrior. Unlike Sophitia, she shows no hesitation in fighting alongside Nightmare's troops. In fact, she seems to have a way with words, able to corrupt even a warrior chosen by the gods to make her join the Soul Edge's troops.
Ivy describes her as infected by evil, so it's very likely that the behavior she shows in Soulcalibur IV was influenced by Soul Edge's corruption and her true personality is unknown.
- Omega Sword & Owl Shield
- Fire Blade
Her fighting style was always identical to Sophitia's, both in her original conception as an alternate costume and in her actual appearance in Soulcalibur IV.
Azola announces "Your fight ends here!" before using it. Like all of her fighting style, her Critical Finish is identical to Sophitia's.
- "It appears I must teach you with pain."
- "Who are you? What are you?!"
- "Your fight ends here!"
- "The time has come!"
- "All talk, and no action!" (press X+O)
- "There's no need for your justice."
- "You are worthless, Begone!"
- "You're Scared?!"
- "There's no way you can win!" (To Tira)
- "What's wrong? Crawl to your feet!"
- "Who are you? State your name!"
- "Stand. I shall retrain you."
- "Don't make me laugh!"
- "Can't you even gauge your enemy's strength?"
- "You worthless piece of trash."
- "Don't get cocky!"
- "Watch me!"
- "Challenge me again, if you dare!"
- "Process is irrelevant. Results are what matter."
- "Prepare yourself!"
- "Let's measure your strength!"
- "Wretched insect!"
- "Eyes front!"
- "Defeat is worse than death!" (Spoken when lost in story mode, tower of lost souls, and Arcade mode)
- "Too late, for regrets!"
- "You failure!" (Spoken to lizardman)
- "Elimination by force!"
Creation Formula For Azola In SCIV
- Name: AZOLA
- Style: Sophitia
- Weapon: Fire Blade
- Physique: + 0
- Muscularity: + 50
- Female Voice 6 - Pitch: 0
- Hair: Long
- Face: 4
- Hair, eyebrow, and eye - all 3,6,24
- Skin - 6,7,9
- Ashiguru Headband - 4,11,20 for both
- Hunter's Suit - default
- Dancer's Breastplate - 7,10,13, second color default
- Snake Armlets - 5,11,24 - 4,11,20 - 2,11,20 - 2,11,20
- Belle Skirt - 5,5,20 - 4,11,20 - 2,9,20 - 4,11,20
- Scorpion Greaves - 4,11,20
- Attack: 137%
- Defense: 112%
- HP: 75%
- The only aspect of Azola's original design which remained in Sophitia's actual 2nd outfit in Soul Edge was her darker hair.
- She's the owner of the "sinister voice" that convinces Sophitia to join Nightmare's troops.
- The design of Azola's version of the Omega Sword & Owl Shield in Soul Edge was similar to the one which would eventually be used for the Fire Blade, although yellow colored.
- Azola can be easily created in Soulcalibur IVs and Broken Destinys Character Creation modes. However in Soulcalibur V she can be created but the Dancer's Breastplate (is now an undergarment for females only) and Hunter's Suit cannot be used together.
- Due to her outfit, Azola is rumored to be an Amazonian warrior.
- Azola is playable in a single battle (stage 1 of Sophitia's Soul Calibur IV story)
- As she is described as 'having been drawn to Sophitia['s darkness]', as well as her weapon choice, some speculate that she used to be one of Hephaestus's original Holy Warriors. However, there are no canon based implications to this theory.
Azola was originally conceived in Soul Edge as an alternate costume for Sophitia with its own name. Her main distinct traits were the brown hair, non-symmetrical chest armor, which covered only one of her breasts and a long metallic skirt. Out of those elements, only the brown hair remained in Sophitia's actual 2nd costume, which didn't use any armored parts in its design. In Soulcalibur IV, the metallic skirt was brought back, alongside her chest armor, but her armor was symmetrical this time.
- Loyal to Soul Edge.
- Manipulated Sophitia to become Nightmare's servant.
- Among Nightmare's troops in Soulcalibur IV, fights primarily alongside Sophitia and Durer.
- Under Tira's command.
- ^ http://www.soularchive.jp/tmr/souledge/sophitia/soph_cha.htm taken on May 12, 2011
- ^ http://www.soularchive.jp/SCBD/blog/soulchain.pdf taken on July 23, 2011. The relationship chart says that the one who appeared out of nowhere and made Sophitia trail the path of darkness was Azola.