Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Astaroth (アスタロス, Asutarosu) is a golem character in the Soul series of fighting games.
These Astaroths are the mass produced Astaroth units that debut in Soulcalibur V.
What lies in his soul is Power. In Soulcalibur V's promotional material, he is referred to as Harbinger of Destruction.
Fygul Cestemus, a cult that worshipped the twisted god Palgaea, was preparing to effect its grand revival. "Pain...the pain! UAARRRGH!" From the depths of a subterranean temple, newborn lungs screamed in torment.
The cult's man-made giant, Astaroth, had always followed his masters' bidding, until one day 17 years ago, the creature developed a will of his own and rebelled; both Astaroth and Fygul Cestemus were destroyed. But it wasn't long before the priests of Mars and Venus crafted a mechanical woman to retrieve Astaroth's core and return it to the cult, which had already begun to reform.
Factions battled for control of the precious artifact, but it wound up in the hands of High Priest Kunpaetku, who had clawed his way back from the brink of death. If Astaroth's core had been a gift from the gods, Kunpaetku reasoned, unraveling its secrets would grant him the power to create life of his own. He could surpass the gods themselves!
Finally, his research bore fruit. Beaming with triumph, the high priest gazed upon the new Astaroth as he roared and tore at his chains. "Yes, Astaroth, rage! Rage! Very soon the world will know your wrath..." That was only the first of many such monsters he created. Released from their underground lair, a host of them lumbered west, lured by the power of a distant soul...
Astaroth is well known in the Soulcalibur V for performing powerful attacks and throw moves. His moves are quite slow in execution however, which leads to him having a disadvantage against faster characters such as Natsu. He is most effective when used at long range since many of his attacks utilize that aspect in their properties. Astaroth is somewhat regarded in terms of tournament use between mid to high tier. He fights much like Rock and even has some of the same moves.
Cestemus Doctrine: Astaroth grabs his opponent and slams them to the ground. He then spins them on the ground with his axe creating a fire vortex.
- "Chainless Disaster"
- Silence, you maggot!
- I hunger for your soul!
- I'm going to kill... all of you!
- Power... I can feel it!
- Why would I remember... a little worm like you?! - spoken after defeating Maxi.
- Who are you? Answer me! - spoken when engaging in battle against Maxi.
- Only I... am Astaroth! - spoken after defeating another Astaroth.
- Buzz off!
- Your soul... belongs to me!
- Break apart!
- Stay down!
- Scream for me!
- Get outta my face!
- Shut up!
- Show me your blood!
- You bore me.
- Be... destroyed! You maggot!
- Feed me... your soul!
- Weakling... begone!
- He ha ha! Wake up!
- I'll tell you what!
- You dead? - spoken after defeating opponent.
- What?! - spoken when hit by a tremor.
- Damn you, maggot! Take this! I'll cut you to shreds!! - during Critical Edge.
- Impossible! - spoken when losing a battle against Maxi.
- You think you've won?! - spoken when ring out
- I'll twist you apart!
- Go... to hell!
- Ha ha ha! Squirm, you filthy maggot!
- You scum!!! - Spoken when ringed out.
- No! Damn scum! - Spoken when losing a battle, when time runs out.
- Damn... maggots!!! - taunt.
- I need... more! - taunt after defeating opponent.
- Astaroth's appearance resembles Necrid, a character that appeared in Soulcalibur II. Also, the fact that his body was animated and is powered by electricity is reminiscent of Frankenstein's monster. His overall design and backstory is similar to that of Frankenstein's monster. Being that he's a resurrected corpse and some of his alternate costumes have stitch marks on his body and even volts on his back similar to those found in the Frankenstein monster's neck. In addition to that, his main look is green.
- Astaroth is the first character in the Soul series to be succeeded by a separate, identical character, in Soulcalibur V. The second is Yoshimitsu.
- In his second costume, Astaroth's voice changes slightly to fit the mechanical theme. Also, the costume may have been inspired by Ashlotte's design, as she too was created to be a mechanical creature...although he resembles a Necron warrior from the tabletop war game called "Warhammer 40,000" and Seth from Street Fighter IV.
- Strangely, in Creation Mode, if one equips any type of head item onto Astaroth that hides his entire head (such as the Werewolf head), the exposed heart on his chest disappears.
- Unlike the playable Astaroths, who are muscular, the mutants are fat & obese.
- Made from the original Astaroth's core, which was tracked down by Ashlotte.
- A lone Astaroth was defeated by Patroklos in a forest.
- Mechastaroth is an alternate version of these creatures.
- Two Astaroths were captured by Nightmare, turned into Malfested, and were mutated into giants.
|Main characters in the Soul series|
|Aeon Calcos | Algol | Amy | Astaroth (Original, Mass Produced) | Cassandra | Cervantes | Charade | Dampierre | Edge Master | Hilde | Hwang | Ivy | Kilik | Leixia | Li Long | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Natsu | Necrid | Olcadan | Patroklos (α Patroklos) | Pyrrha (Pyrrha Ω) | Raphael | Rock | Seong Han-myeong | Seong Mi-na | Setsuka | Siegfried | Sophitia | Soul Calibur (Elysium) | Soul Edge (Inferno, Nightmare, Night Terror) | Taki | Talim | Tira | Viola | Voldo | Xianghua | Xiba | Yoshimitsu (First, Second) | Yun-seong | Zasalamel (Abyss) | Z.W.E.I.|