The Announcer is a referee that tells the player when the battle will start, declaring the winner and more. Depending on which game is played, the voice changes.
- Battle (number), Fight!
- Stage Complete!
- Ring Out!
- Mission Accomplished
- Mission Failed
- Stage Failed
The Announcer has also been referred to as the Narrator, who before and sometimes after has said various quotes, related to the games warrior spirit and history.
- Transcending history and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold
- A warrior desires a sword, and a sword desires truth
- Power without idea isn't justice
- The sword's flame will devour all desire
- Slashing through the shadows, she defeats the evils that lurk behind history
- If the love for her family is power, then no one is stronger
- The last man standing is the winner
- The legend will never die
- The grueling battle ended with the victory of (character name)
- (character name) stood it again against an impossible enemy
- This victory strengthens the soul of (character name)
- (character name) is defeated, but the souls still burn
- Soul Edge: Barry Gjerde (Arcade and PlayStation versions)
- Soulcalibur: Jeff Manning (Arcade and Dreamcast versions)
- Soulcalibur II & Soulcalibur III: Cazmo Lukrich
- Soulcalibur Legends: David Lodge
- Soulcalibur IV & Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny: Dave Mallow
- Soulcalibur V & Soulcalibur: Lost Swords: Paul St. Peter